Effects of "Heightened Libido"?

Steve

Re: Effects of "Heightened Libido"?

I tripped, walked into a pillar, a door, a stop sign, and bumped into a few people while similarly distracted. Thank goodness I was never walking in the vicinity of an open manhole cover or a train crossing at the time.

Facial flushing would likely be a problem for her--it's largely involuntary(in response to heightened arousal), and impossible to conceal. Her voice suddenly getting husky might be another giveaway "tell". Absent-mindedly fondling, squeezing, or stroking a nearby object might happen, too.

One of her current complications is a Distinctive Feature, and I think I wrote the description as being "Unconscious Flirtatious Gestures/Mannerisms" with EC and Noticeable. She only does them when she's not paying attention to what she's doing, and her voice getting huskier or her face blushing will be things she does as well.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to continue the side tangent a bit, the latest thing I've read among the journals now supports the idea that men & women's arousal mechanisms are virtually identical, stemming from the pleasure principle. Social programming is obviously still involved, that said.

I'll see if I hunt up a cite.

So what happens if I turn on this power, and the power turns on all of us?

Change Environment (+2 Libido Levels, Long-Lasting 6 Hours), Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4), MegaScale (1m = 1 km; +1) (49 Active Points)

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary appears to be unaffected.....

Change Environment (+2 Libido Levels, Long-Lasting 6 Hours), Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4), MegaScale (1m = 1 km; +1) (49 Active Points)

Lucius Alexander

"I'll be in my bunk..."

Lucius Alexander

Taken to apply to "us" the readers of this thread? Lots of frustration and several female forum members never returning ;)

Taken to apply to "us" as in "a random group of people in the area of effect"... depends on that group of people, but probably could be summed up by this (no actual profanity or nudity or anything, but possibly still NSFW if you have the volume too high):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxvdvoQgAy8

Getting her laid might solve a lot of her problems :D

As a short-term solution, it would, but it would also cause other problems. One of the central dramatic conflicts of her character is from her moral compass struggling with her intensified baser desires. If she just gave into her urges, got laid and lost her virginity, and she wasn't married to the guy or had at least a deep and sincere relationship with him that would lead to marriage, her self-loathing and guilt would be intense. Her virginity is something she can cling to and think "I'm a good girl. I'm a virgin. I haven't given in."

Yes, it's old-fashioned in today's world. She's a hot-bodied amazonian dream girl on the outside, but in her soul, she wants to remain the "good girl" she always saw herself as.

Making the long term solution being finding her perfect mate. Of course, if said 'perfect mate' didn't match her internal idealized vision, this could lead to all sorts of other difficulties...

(well, or finding some sort of inner peace, but where's the dynamic tension in that... ;D)

Making the long term solution being finding her perfect mate. Of course, if said 'perfect mate' didn't match her internal idealized vision, this could lead to all sorts of other difficulties...

(well, or finding some sort of inner peace, but where's the dynamic tension in that... ;D)

Oh yes, she has a lot of romantic drama that can be created from her character design. In her mind, her perfect mate would probably be a superhero with enhanced strength at the same level as hers or slightly above her own (25-30 STR) and a heroic moral code (Code of the Hero, Code Versus Killing, Heroic, etc). Of course, no man is perfect, so she might have angst at any complications happening in the relationship. She'd be careful about letting herself fall in love.

This girls has big target on her for any manipulative villain types' date=' mentalists especially.[/quote']

True. However, in her write-up, she does have some significant defense against purely seduction-based attempts with a 15 ego, 10 points of mental defense vs Mind Control and her Prudish psych. It would be difficult to control her will in that one area. She might be vengeful against someone manipulating her.

So what happens if I turn on this power, and the power turns off all of us?

Change Environment (-2 Libido Levels, Long-Lasting 6 Hours), Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4), MegaScale (1m = 1 km; +1) (49 Active Points)

Lucius Alexander

Change Environment (-2 Libido Levels, Long-Lasting 6 Hours), Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4), MegaScale (1m = 1 km; +1) (49 Active Points)

Lucius Alexander

First we would have to determine what a Libido Level is. What does each level change up or down mean?

Lucius Alexander

Some of us old guys already have problems with that. Cut it out.

True. However' date=' in her write-up, she does have some significant defense against purely seduction-based attempts with a 15 ego, 10 points of mental defense vs Mind Control and her Prudish psych. It would be difficult to control her will in that one area. She might be vengeful against someone manipulating her.[/quote']

Well, yeah, that and her base EGO and PRE will be enough to deal with direct-approach Mind Control, but anyone who has Telepathy or just good Deduction will be able to figure out the "back door codes" to manipulate her.

JG

Yes' date=' it's old-fashioned in today's world. She's a hot-bodied amazonian dream girl on the outside, but in her soul, she wants to remain the "good girl" she always saw herself as.[/quote']

Have you considered that she even questions that she can find real love right now?

I find it difficulty to differentiate love and lust, but her lust is that of 5 man. So I guess she would need some for of supression that is more effective and gets her close to normal levels before should could seriously differentiate between love and lust.

Well' date=' yeah, that and her base EGO and PRE will be enough to deal with direct-approach Mind Control, but anyone who has Telepathy or just good Deduction will be able to figure out the "back door codes" to manipulate her.[/quote']

That would mean they have less difficulty with letting her fight agaisnt her teammates.

Also "PS: Psychologist" might work too. Or any emotion detect.

Well, yeah, that and her base EGO and PRE will be enough to deal with direct-approach Mind Control, but anyone who has Telepathy or just good Deduction will be able to figure out the "back door codes" to manipulate her.

JG

Oh, that would definitely be one approach that could be tried. America Woman's not designed to be invulnerable to mental manipulation, and she does have some glaring weaknesses that could provide openings. It would just require a more delicate approach. In her career so far, she has only run into thug-type supervillains like Green Dragon or Ogre and VIPER agents.