"Summon Staff"

concord

In earlier editions of Champions, several characters were build with a focus that was an 'OAF' but was treated as an 'OIF' because they could summon it back to them using Instant Change.

I would like to mimic this mechanic because the resident supermage wants to be able to 'summon' her staff whenever it is nearby or taken from her.

How would you do that in 6E as Instant Change is no longer a power and since the staff is not in her possession a Transform (Cosmetic), the new mechanic suggested for "Instant Change", just does not seem like it would do the trick for me.

Re: "Summon Staff"

If she can instantly summon it to her location no matter matter where it is' date=' then it's not a focus at all.[/quote']

That is pretty much how I handle this in my Fantasy Hero game - the player pays the amount equal to buying off the focus lim on the special powers of the staff, and it's summon -able. (Being heroic, the staff itself is free equipment)

Re: "Summon Staff"

I'd say just get it as an OIF.

OIF - but only if it can be normaly damaged and somehow "restrained" outside of combat (i.e. can't come through teleport inhibiting barriers).

If it can't be permanently destroyed (only "Disrupted") I would go with Material Manifestation, Restrainable (for total of not more than 3/4) + Limitations to activate.

If it can only be blocked by grabs/entangles, but not damaged in any way I would go for a Restrainable at -1/4 (since disarming is not an option).

For me the Value of Focus (and the "Foucs Like Limitations" like Restrainable and Material Manifestation"):

Being detectable while not in use

Being detectable while in use

Can be disabeled while outside of a fight (attack preparation; when the hero is captured)

Can be disabeled in a fight (grab; damaging)