3 questions for Transparent Barriers and No-Range Attacks

Dr Divago

Question

Hi

in 6E1 173 (under Barrier description) there is One-Way Transparent advantage; so i can build a barrier that's totally transparent for some attacks.

let's state i made the barrier transparent to all attack from my multipower.

now, inside the multipower i got also some no range attacks (2 entangle and 1 blast no range); the barrier is only 1/2m thick

if i'm close to one side of the barrier (ie touching the barrier) and on the other side of the barrier there is a target close to the barrier (touching it or "not touching it but still so close i could attack him at no range if barrier would not present")

can i use those no-range powers to attack this target to the other side of the barrier?

second question (linked to first one)

in the multipower i got a "javelin" power (HA); this hand attack is linked to a Stretching 1m; can i use it to attack targets on the other side of the barrier?

stretching will permits me to attack someone at 1m and barrier is only 1/2m thick

third question (linked to second one)

this HA has a Time Limit and Physical Manifestation so the GM states i can throw it using the normal Throwning Rules (6E2 80+)

i can throw it through the barrier?

ty for your help :)

1 answer to this question

Re: 3 questions for Transparent Barriers and No-Range Attacks

If a Barrier is defined as Transparent (one-way or two-way) to Physical Attacks, then characters going in the appropriate direction can move through it, or reach through it if they have enough Reach. That would allow them to, for example, punch someone on the other side of the Barrier, or deliver a No Range attack based on touch (unless the GM rules otherwise). And of course Ranged Physical attacks, such as thrown objects, will pass through it by definition.