Superhero Team Threat Levels

Cassandra

Level 5 (Blue)

Non-violent villain or master criminals. Team called in because conventional law enforcement unable to capture. Villain goes out of their way to avoid injuring innocents, and generally runs when confronted. Case assigned to single team member.

Level 4 (Green)

Villain willing to threaten use of force on innocents, and inflict non-permanent injuries on law enforcement personnel and superheroes. Two members assigned.

Level 3 (Yellow)

Villain engaged in violent crime, and willing to kill. Four to six team members assigned.

Level 2 (Orange)

Villain group that has killed innocents, or is threatening to do so. Entire team assigned.

Level 1 (Red)

Villain group that has killed superheroes and multiple innocents. All team members assigned. Reserve members called in for duration of case.

Re: Superhero Team Threat Levels

There really ought to be a threat level for Cthulu and Galactus.

Level omg (Brown)

Call everyone you know, ask to borrow nukes , and start praying?

At that level all prayers go to voicemail because the god either hiding under the bed or planning to start worshiping Cthulu and/or Galactus in hopes of surviving.

Re: Superhero Team Threat Levels

Assuming this is meant to be for a generic team, and not a specific team with a known number of members, I have a minor nitpic. At level 2, don't say entire team assigned, instead say 7+ team members assigned. All teams fluctuate in size, and it could easily go from 5 to 20 in many storylines. At Level 1, just say that all available heroes in the area are called, whether current members or not.

This team size thing, along with the more important aspect of team power, led me to leave the number of respondents off my threat level chart. A dragon shows up, bringing numerous giants. Code Red. I could send Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Falcon, Wasp, Ant Man, Black Paladin, and maybe some others, or I could just send Thor and let everyone stay at the mansion and keep watching the movie they rented. The threat is the same either way, but the response differs based on capabilities of who is available.