UOO and Time Limit (in multipowers too!)

Dr Divago

Question

Hi

i got a little misunderstanding about Time Limit and UOO:

what happens if i put Time Limit (6E1 346) on a spell with UOO?

as for Time Limit, i cast the spell/use the power, then it runs out by his own for a fixed time

then i could cast again (use again) on another target

but UOO states only one recipient could use the power (unless i double the recipient, as in 6E1 355, and that's not the case)

so i can use the power on different Recipient (casting the spell one time for each use and counting time limit for each one spell) or the power is "locked" until time limit passed?

and what if this spell is inside a Multipower?

6E1 357 states i can switch to another power in multipower while UOO power is in effect without "shutting off" it.

I can also cast again the UOO on a second (third, fourth, etc) recipient?

and what with Time Limit?

ty for answers :)

1 answer to this question

Re: UOO and Time Limit (in multipowers too!)

You should look at the “Differing Modifiers” rules on 6E1 359 and decide whether the Time Limit affects the granting of the power or the use of the power (which may in turn affect how a character buys the power). If it affects the granting of the power, then the defined amount of time must pass before the character can grant the power again (assuming (a) the first recipient’s still using it, and (B) the form of UBO used would allow him to grant it to multiple people in the first place). If Time Limit affects the use of the power, then it doesn’t restrict how long the recipient “keeps” the power, just what happens when he uses it.