How To Build: Split Personality character

Dr. MID-Nite

Basic premise is the character is occupied by the avatars of both Apollo and Artemis(yes...the Greek Gods). During the day, the Apollo avatar reigns. At night, the Artemis avatar takes over. My initial thoughts are to simply buy the appropriate skills and powers and give them the only at night or only during the day limiters...along with the split personality complication...and call it a day. Anyone have any better suggestions?

Re: How To Build: Split Personality character

Multiform will probably be simpler' date=' plus you can account for the different personalities because it lets you chance Psych Lims.[/quote']

Second this, also allows for the 25 pt Accidental Change Disadvantage on each form for Automatic change with Common Circumstance (sunrise/sunset)- I had also considered Personality Loss limitation on the power itself but was not sure if it was correct for the concept you have in your mind of how these two personalities work in the scheme of the overall character.

Original posts mentions different powers and skills for the two personalities.

He also mentions writing them on one sheet (perhaps becuase they do not differ a lot, i.e. common Defensesn and Immunites) and I am certain someone who joined 2003 knew of Multiform before asking this.

He also mentions writing them on one sheet (perhaps becuase they do not differ a lot' date=' i.e. common Defensesn and Immunites) and I am certain someone who joined 2003 knew of Multiform before asking this.[/quote']

Well...more looking for the simplest way to do that...as this is a new player without much experience with the rules...and as a PC..trying to build the character they want as close as I can within the starting point limits(400). Multiform requires two character sheets...and I thought each character had to pay...just for the option of switching between forms(though in this case it's completely involuntary). Just looking for options in general....I'm pretty experienced with the system, but different views on the subject may see something I overlooked. Multiform is a rarely used power by me...so if I go that route(and that seems to be the consensus) I'll need to re-read that entire section. LOL

Well...more looking for the simplest way to do that...as this is a new player without much experience with the rules...and as a PC..trying to build the character they want as close as I can within the starting point limits(400). Multiform requires two character sheets...and I thought each character had to pay...just for the option of switching between forms(though in this case it's completely involuntary). Just looking for options in general....I'm pretty experienced with the system' date=' but different views on the subject may see something I overlooked. Multiform is a rarely used power by me...so if I go that route(and that seems to be the consensus) I'll need to re-read that entire section. LOL[/quote']

Especially with the Form-swaps being completely involuntary, having two sheets won't be complicated at all unless the sun goes down/comes up in the middle of a combat. "If it's day, you use this one. If it's night, you use this one."

The alternative to having two sheets, is having one sheet that has Powers and Skills on it that, at any given time, the character can't use.

I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but Multiform might actually be the simpler option.

Also, this way each form only pays for what it can use - having a lot of items with Only in Alternate ID means at any given time, a pile of points is sitting idle. Those points might as well sit in a Multiform Power.

Lucius Alexander

Simplifying a palindromedary

Multiform requires two character sheets...and I thought each character had to pay...just for the option of switching between forms(though in this case it's completely involuntary).

Only one of them has to pay for the 80 AP Multiform (1 Real Form + 1 Alternate Form), and it is mitigated by the fact that he has No Consious Controll (on the -2 Level, I think). But that would still make one weaker (by about 27 Real Points).

Alternatively you could make three:

1 Avatar A, 1 Avatar B, one Normal Human that paid for the multiform (that would only be used if for some reasons the right avatar is prevented from manifesting). Since you won't need his real form right now, you can even leave the Normal Human (the real Form) out of it for the beginning. Later he might wan't to be able to chosse when to switch, but the Multiform is based on the part of the day (this is a variant of the -1 NCC).