THE BOOK OF THE EMPRESS -- What Do *You* Want To See?

Steve Long

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: THE BOOK OF THE EMPRESS -- What Do *You* Want To See?

Nope' date=' that is already ruled out. There is only one Istvatha in the entire Multiverse.[/quote']

Please read my post again--I did not say that an alternate version of V'han would always oppose her; I said that an alternate self--the same alternate self in any dimension--would always oppose her, no matter what his or her situation. The Dr. Destroyer of Earth-X might oppose V'han, while the Destroyer of Earth-Y might join her, while Earth-Z's Destroyer might remain neutral. But the Ladies Blue of Earth X, Y, and Z--or the Gronds, or the Bulldozers--will always oppose V'han. Always.

My apologies if I did not make that clear. I hope that makes things more plain.

One thing I know for certain is' date=' that this would be against her interest. Her goal is to take planets as intact as possible (the best way if the surrender or even follow on their own). Attacking it just for terror/colateral damage is not her way to do things.[/quote']

All I know about Istvatha V'han comes from her write-up in Conquerors, Killers & Crooks, and the way I figure her modus operandi to be is that she arrives on a world at the head of a large army, and offers the inhabitants the opportunity to surrender without a fight. Should they say "Nuts!" or "Go Duck* Yourselves!" she orders the army to tear through them like Der Blitzkrieg through Belgium. It seems to me that a giant monster of one sort or another, especially a kaiju-sized monster, could do the same thing--and when the damage is done, V'han steps in and offers the inhabitants to rebuild the place better than before. Being in little ir no position to refuse, they agree to her rulership--and another world falls under her sway.

Again, I hope that clarifies my point better.

Replace the word "Duck" with a similar-sounding word beginning with "F."

I hope to see large sections on how she fights her main rivals for conqest of earth. V'hanian Meta Plots and GM Secrets should be large too.

Unfortunately I expect you're going to be disappointed.

First, while I certainly discuss the fact that Tyrannon and Skarn are her main enemies, and how they've sort of got a "World War I across the Multiverse" situation going, I don't go into their battles, strategies, or tactics in any detail. That could fill another entire book, and I've got enough on my hands just trying to finish this one. ;)

Second, there is no GM"s Vault in this book (just like there weren't in Book Of The Destroyer and Book Of The Machine). That would make the book too "schizophrenic" (so to speak). It's just written as a straightforward discussion of the subject matter; GMs will have to tell their players what sections (if any) they're allowed to read.

Howdy folx!

Just wanted to say that with BotE now nearly done, I'm de-stickying the thread. I appreciate all your comments and input!

Now you can feel free to put your desire to make suggestions about books into the new WDYWTS thread about Mythic Hero. ;)