STD carrier

Ragitsu

Re: STD carrier

Hm...maybe.

But how often do the prices fluctuate on other complimentary abilities? Does, say, a Touch only power have a higher cost if the character in question can move 100,000 MPH?

I was thinking the ability to actually engage in sex is modified by COM. Thinking about it, it could be modified by Money, as well. :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without bantering about the aesthetics of the question' date=' I'd probably go with a transform that gives the recipient a physical and social limitation. It would, obviously, not affect someone with immunity to disease, etc. The level of transform (cosmetic, etc) should probably be linked to the effects of the disease (from mildly annoying and uncomfortable to long-term lethal). It would heal back through medicine (or amazing healing powers) as apropos. That said, if a sniggering GM were to infect one of my PCs with an STD I'd just close my books, pack my bags, and walk out FOR GOOD. But that is another story...[/quote']

I totally agree on all points.

Game mechanics Transform cosmetic , minor, major depending on STD/I. Limitations would be sexual contact with a major time limit.

I think it should also be an all or nothing transform. There are known cases of partners being with partners for months / years with no transfer of HIV (but some with it being transfered on the first time). So it will have very little effect on your average PC.

Also the effects will have variable effects for STD/I. I think in most cases it would be a complication that has very little effect apart from they will then become carriers with the transform. And in most cases it will have little chance of happening and very easy to get rid of it. For other major effects you are looking at a seriously dodgy game direction.

But this is all about game effect and should not costed out as a serious "power".

Any player wanting such a power in my games would not be allowed and if I had a GM who had a villain with this as a costed power I would not take them seriously.

This could be used as game plot for other NPC's but not PC's

An absolute is an absolute. GM Fiat is something that can factor in any time' date=' so it's a bit moot to bring that up.[/quote']

The GM always has the options to allow absolutes.

Take a look at the no absolutes Rule, an counter-example regardings swords is right there, on 6E1 133.

The same way a 100% DR is GM Decision only, not a core rule.

So both things can be equally easily ignored for this entire consideration.

But that still doesn't changes that LS: Immunity to all Diseases won't help you one bit against my "Magical Disease of Weakness: Drain, Damage over time/continous/uncontrolled" but will make you immune against "Magical Disease of Weakness: Drain, NND (LS: Fitting Disease Imunity), Does Body; Damage over time/continous/uncontrolled".

I was thinking the ability to actually engage in sex is modified by COM. Thinking about it' date=' it could be modified by Money, as well. :D[/quote']

There's no Limitation at all, for example, if the character has CE: Spontaneous Barry White and mood lighting.