Half Human/Half Snake Character

TheNaga

Re: Half Human/Half Snake Character

How should I do his ability to constrict like a constrictor?

You can even build "Snakefighting" as Martial Arts* with the Martial Arts book. With it you can make maneuvers like:

Crush: 4 points; STR +4 DC Crush; Must follow Grab (mean you can do +4 DC when having your enemy grabbed)

Snake Grab: +20 STR for Holding on to a target.

Every Extra DC bought for that would also add +5 STR to the Holding on.

*Martial Arts is often misunderstoods as "has spend time to learn a fighting style". In HERO Martial Arts Rules consturct just means that you are somehow better with certain maneuvers/actions. It can as easily mimik the natural fighting abiliy of a tiger or snake as the training Bruce Lee recieved.

• 1 month later...

Here is a human/snake character sheet from my Well of the Worlds game.

GENERIC SERPENT PERSON

Val	CHA	Cost	Roll	Notes
13	STR	3	12-	Lift 151.6kg; 2 ½d6 HTH Damage [1]
12	DEX	4	11-
15	CON	5	12-
8	INT	-2	11-	PER Roll 11-
8	EGO	-2	11-
13	PRE	3	12-	PRE Attack:  2 ½d6

4	OCV	5
4	DCV	5
3	OMCV	0
3	DMCV	0
3	SPD	10		Phases:  4, 8, 12

4	PD	2		Total:  4 PD (2 rPD)
4	ED	2		Total:  4 ED (2 rED)
6	REC	2
30	END	2
13	BODY	3
28	STUN	4
[b]Total Characteristics Cost:  44

Movement:[/b]	Running:	16m/32m
Leaping:	0m
Swimming:	8m/16m

[b]Cost	Powers & Skills[/b]
7	[b]Coils: [/b] +15 STR; Only With Grab And Squeeze (-1), END 1
4	[b]Serpent Person Scales:[/b]  +2 PD/+2 ED, 
Resistant (+½); Requires A Roll (11- roll; 
or Hit Locations 13-18; -½)
2	[b]Large Size:[/b]  Knockback Resistance -2m
-2	[b]Cannot Leap:[/b]  Leaping -4m (total 0m)
4	[b]Slithering:[/b]  Running +4m (16m total), END 1
2	[b]Amphibious Form:[/b]  Swimming +4m (8m total), END 1

[b]Talents[/b]
3	+1/+1d6 Striking Appearance (vs. all 
characters)

[b]Skills[/b]
8	+1 with HTH Combat

7	Climbing 13-
0	Language:  native for region (idiomatic)
2	Survival (Temperate/Subtropical) 11-
3	Tactics 11-
3	WF:  Common Melee Weapons, Bows

[b]Total Powers & Skills Cost:  45
Total Character Cost:  89

175+	Matching Complications (50)[/b]
10	Physical Complication:  Large, roughly 5-7 
meters long and 400 kg in weight (+2 to 
attacker's OCV, +2 to others PER Rolls to 
perceive) (Infrequently; Slightly 
Impairing)

[b]Total Complications Value:  50
Experience Points:  0[/b]

Description: The Serpent People dwell mainly in the Jungle. They have the head, arms, and torsos of Farming, Forest, Hunting, or Running People with a lower body of a great snake. The largest of the races of the Well, they measure anywhere from 15 to 25 feet in length from the top of their heads to the tip of their snake tail. While the upper body appears normal for their race, the snake body is given to elaborate patterns, similar to those of boa constrictors and pythons.

Serpent People can only breed with other Serpent People with the same upper body as themselves. Thus, they are usually only found alone or in small family groups, consisting of the parents and any children. They tend toward a nomadic hunter-gather form of existence, wearing no clothing and using only simple tools and weapons. Some Serpent People live more sedentary lifestyles, usually in villages of Beast and Forest People. There they often end up in positions of authority, due to the many magical powers and great wisdom commonly attributed to the Serpent People.

This character sheet represents an average Serpent Person warrior with the upper body of a Farming Person. Serpent People with the upper bodies of other races should make the appropriate modifications. Non-warriors, as well as younger (and older) Serpent People will have slightly lower Characteristic and different Skills.

I might even give them 1 Extra Limb with Stretching.

No Fine Manipulation. ^^

I have an extra limb with Stretching, and it wishes I could manipulate fine things. *rimshot*

Thank you. I'll be here all week. Come see me at the Laugh Factory in October.

I apologize, and I swear never to do it again, but I couldn't resist.

I have an extra limb with Stretching, and it wishes I could manipulate fine things. *rimshot*

Thank you. I'll be here all week. Come see me at the Laugh Factory in October.

I apologize, and I swear never to do it again, but I couldn't resist.

Updated for 6th Edition:

Stretching 0m, x3 body dimension (8 Active Points); Very Limited Body Part (-1), Side Effects INT Drain, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-1/2), Cannot Do Damage ((unless you're doing it wrong); -1/2), Limited Power Refractory period (must wait between Activations) (-1/2), Variable Limitations (requires -1 worth of Limitations; Some combination of: Gestures; Concentration; Extra Time; No Conscious Control; Conditional (Presence of another person with appropriate Striking Appearance); Requires Roll (Charm Skill by appropriate other person); Requires CON Roll or Burnout; etc; -1/2), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4), Always Direct (-1/4), Restrainable (Turn it off by turning him off; -1/4), Costs END To Maintain (Half END Cost; -1/4) Real Cost:1

Lucius Alexander

The backandforthtrian thinks it should have 2 Charges. The palindromedary thinks 1 is enough.