VPP Control Cost

Steve

Question

If I am reading the rules and FAQ correctly, the Control Cost determines the maximum Active Points you can have on a power in a VPP. So you can have a Control Cost that is higher than the points in the pool itself? The assumption would then be that all powers taken through the pool would require Limitations, but the Control Cost would not necessarily need a Limitation. Is that correct?

Was it this way in 5th, or is this a change for 6th?

1 answer to this question

Re: VPP Control Cost

As stated on 6E1 409, the Pool cost dictates the total Real Points' worth of powers that can be created with a VPP at any one time. The Control Cost dictates the upper limit on the Active Point cost of any one of those abilities. Neither affects or restricts the other (as shown by the example with a 60 Pool + 90 Control Cost VPP), though by definition if the Control Cost exceeds the Pool then any power with the maximum Active Points is going to have to have Limitations to reduce its cost so that it fits within the Pool.

My answer only applies to the 6E rules; I don't answer questions about the 5E rules anymore, generally.