CHAMPIONS BEYOND Sneak Peek: The Cover!

Steve Long

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CHAMPIONS BEYOND Sneak Peek: The Cover!

Yes' date=' special thanx to LL for pitching in and helping with a double-check on continuity. :)[/quote']

Not that I caught everything, mind you. :o

I prefer to wait to see if anyone has questions before I give specific responses, but I will say this book is the treatment of the "space" part of the Champions Universe that it's long needed and deserved. People familiar with Hero Game's official future era sci-fi settings will find much that's familiar here, but with many changes reflecting a "where they are now" approach to contemporizing it. But there's also a vast amount of new material.

As one might expect, the upper limit of character power in CBY is staggering; but there's a great deal here appropriate to more Standard Superheroic-level space adventures. Although the book is definitely aimed at supers gaming, there's quite a bit of stuff usable in Heroic-level space-opera games.

Hermit -- our hope is to get the PDF out next week, though it really depends on how long it takes me to review, correct, and index. The final is just shy of 300 pages long, and for a setting book that means a lot of indexing (he said with a shudder).

Man i hope this comes out in the next week or so (at least in PDF). I've been waiting for this book for years. :) The cover looks great' date=' and what LL says sounds like just what I was hoping for.[/quote']

I will mention one little tidbit in CBY that I know is of special interest to you: Roin'esh. :winkgrin:

Hermit -- our hope is to get the PDF out next week' date=' though it really depends on how long it takes me to review, correct, and index. The final is just shy of 300 pages long, and for a setting book that means a [i']lot[/i] of indexing (he said with a shudder).

Thank you, Steve. Your bravely going where angels fear to index is deeply appreciated :) If I sound overeager, it's only because I am

I knew Bob would pop in here sooner rather than later. ;)

There's good and bad news on one of your special interests, too. CBY names and briefly describes a number of "super" individuals and organizations from the Andromeda Galaxy -- from criminals to conquerors to cosmic beings -- but doesn't provide game stats for them. Although the book contains many full character write-ups, many others are referred to this way throughout it. Steve is right that he could almost fill up a "villain" book just from those. If CBY sells really, really well, he just might. ;)

I'd like to point out that it's merely a movie reference gone expanded. Google Amazon Women on the Moon. I haven't seen the draft' date=' but I'm pretty sure that was the intended nod.[/quote']

Of course. I never meant to imply that's an original concept. It's a classic bit of lunar cheese. That's what makes it cool. :winkgrin:

So we finally have Amazons in the CU. Huzzah!

Well, you'll have to see if these are the kind of amazons you're looking for. :whistle:

I knew Bob would pop in here sooner rather than later. ;)

There's good and bad news on one of your special interests, too. CBY names and briefly describes a number of "super" individuals and organizations from the Andromeda Galaxy -- from criminals to conquerors to cosmic beings -- but doesn't provide game stats for them. Although the book contains many full character write-ups, many others are referred to this way throughout it. Steve is right that he could almost fill up a "villain" book just from those. If CBY sells really, really well, he just might. ;)

This is about what I'd expect. And I hope the book does sell enough to spark a special villain book -- once Cryptic has their Moon zone ready (alas, not a priority; from what I gather, probably late next year at best), that will probably spark extra interest.

And hopefully such a book could include Blue Screamer. ;)