How To Delay Effect

shinjox

I am attempting to create a power that the character can 'charge' and object or multiple objects, allowing them to all go off at the same time. In 5E they had Time Delay, but that Advantage is gone now, and I am unsure how to produce the same affect.

Basically I am looking at how to create a time bomb effect.

A for example would be the character plants the effect on a support pillar of a building, sets it to go off in 12 segments, 3 segments later plants another that will go off in 9 segments, and then 3 segments later sets another to go off in 6 segements, and one more 3 segments later to go off in 3 segments and then BOOM, when the first one hits 12 segments they all go off, colapsing the building becasue of all the structual damage.

Re: How To Delay Effect

Trigger would be one way. Specifically, Variable Trigger, No Action to Activate, Half-Phase to Reset, +3/4. Whether you can set multiple triggers on the same power is up to the GM, but it is commonly accepted for powers with charges, such as landmines (or timed explosives).

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, consinder something like "Physical Manifestation" with the right special effects.

Damage over Time with only one Damage Instance is also a way to go and it even provides sugestion on how the "DOT" can be stooped.

Useable on others may be a far cry, but it gives rules on how to "give" powers to others, like the ability to grant flying to others. May not be the right thing, since pillars rarely want to explode (but how about a summoned zombie suicide bombing squad?)

For some special effect a different aproach may be suitable:

Perhaps the character just has to tag/paint the target and once he has accuired all, he multifires/autofires the (indirect) damaging power. Perhaps with some kind of Constant, No End Clairsentience. Or somehow using the targetting abilites of a mind scan/detect (only what he touchend with intention to blow up) for this.

Why not just bring the Time Delay advantage forward? Use the 5e rules for it' date=' tweak them if there's an inconsistency somewhere.[/quote']

If the autor changed them/exluced it, there was most likely a balacing reason with it. So, why not use the 6E version of the Advantage, instead of house ruling something?

If the autor changed them/exluced it' date=' there was most likely a balacing reason with it. So, why not use the 6E version of the Advantage, instead of house ruling something?[/quote']

Because sometimes you just like the way it was done before. I still use Always On Growth, Shrinking and DI, because I prefer it, for example.

There is an always on version of Growth, Density increase and Shrinking: The Templates near the end of 6E1. I used them in my character.

Considering that afaik each of the powers normally cost endurcane (in 6E) and that you get some complications as part of the deal, it's actually cheaper and easier. (Edit: an you can still buy any of the others starting from there).

For the bomb example: take a look at trigger. That seems to be the new Delayed effect and there are at least 4 mentionings of Bombs and other explosives. Depending on special affects perhaps with expendeble Foci or (recoverable) Charges.

Why not just bring the Time Delay advantage forward? Use the 5e rules for it' date=' tweak them if there's an inconsistency somewhere.[/quote']

Time Delay is part of Trigger now. The Trigger condition is essentially that the effect happens a certain time later. Both Advantages in 5er worked pretty much the same from there.

JoeG