Hero Games needs a new printer

memorax300

I'm not sure if this is the right area of the boards to post this in so if it's not please feel free to move it to the right spot. It's been what almost a month and a half and we still have 3 titles still backlogged at their printer. I do not mind waiting 2 weeks to a month but were reaching almost a month and a half of delays and at this point it's getting ridiiculous. With Champions Beyomd on the way it will go up tp 4 titles. I'm not askling for them right away as soon as their sent to the printer I do expect to see the print version of the book within a reasonable amount of delay.

Re: Hero Games needs a new printer

I understand that their printer is upgrading yet were almost reaching the two month mark. It should not take that long imo to upgrade equipment. I also understand they want to give their printer work in the curren economy. Yet if it takes their current printer that long tio upgrade they need to look elsewhere. Sure you can get the PDF yet the longer it takes to upgrade the less print books get released.

In last night's Hero Games website chat (currently transcribed in "Company Questions,") Steve Long referred to the circumstances behind the delay as "a whole perfect storm of nonsense that I'd just as soon not go into." Sounds like various things have occurred to cause this, which might be sensitive for Steve to expound on in public.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I am sure that everyone that didn't get to purchase the Equipment guide at DunDraCon is annoyed that even after months we don't have a product to spend our money on. Hell, I could really use that book right now too :( Oh well, it will ship when it ships and not a moment sooner :P

What?

I think he is trying to say I'm being too picky or something along those lines. I don't know. I waited a month before I posted again. So it's not like I'm not patient enough. I understand things happen yet if this continues for too long their not going to have any major releases for Gencon imo.

I think he is trying to say I'm being too picky or something along those lines. I don't know. I waited a month before I posted again. So it's not like I'm not patient enough. I understand things happen yet if this continues for too long their not going to have any major releases for Gencon imo.

Well I am sure that they have a printer that will have Star Hero ready for GenCon. They have more than once choice when it comes to printing stuff. So I am sure they will find a printer that will be able to have enough product ready for the Big Release. The other books might still be caught up at the other printer, but Star Hero will be ready.

PS I have no inside Knowledge of the inner workings of DOJ/Hero Games, These are all my own suppostions/theories.

Well I am sure that they have a printer that will have Star Hero ready for GenCon. They have more than once choice when it comes to printing stuff. So I am sure they will find a printer that will be able to have enough product ready for the Big Release. The other books might still be caught up at the other printer, but Star Hero will be ready.

PS I have no inside Knowledge of the inner workings of DOJ/Hero Games, These are all my own suppostions/theories.

your probably right. I will do as I did last time and wait another month and see what happens then ask.

Hey guys! Believe me' date=' we share your frustration, and are working very hard on end runs around the problem right now. dw[/quote']

No worries! I know that you are doing your best to get us the books we earnestly desire to buy :P

Thanks for everything :D

Tasha

• 1 month later...

So where are we with the printing bottleneck? Seems that we are still almost at zero. Beyond the Equipmet guide for 6E I see no change. They need to step it up. Gencon os only 2 months away. Unless the printing company is owned by a family memeber why the hell are they still with that company. If things have not changed by July they really need to take their business elsewhere.

So where are we with the printing bottleneck? Seems that we are still almost at zero. Beyond the Equipmet guide for 6E I see no change. They need to step it up. Gencon os only 2 months away. Unless the printing company is owned by a family memeber why the hell are they still with that company. If things have not changed by July they really need to take their business elsewhere.
I'm inclined to agree, and I tend to be overly patient with these things. Delays are one thing, but GenCon is a deadline that simply should not be missed.

Another of our board colleagues asked today specifically about Champions Villains Vol. 3 over on the "Company Questions" subforum:

Are we ever going to see Volume 3 in print? didn't the pdf come out months ago?

Yes' date=' you will, as soon as the obstacles in our way are removed. Believe me, as unhappy as you may be about the situation, you're light-years behind us in that department. We'll get it printed as soon as we can, and provide updates when we have further information.[/quote']

This is essentially the same response that Steve or Darren have given to questions of this sort for months. Now, I'm not saying customers don't have a right to be p.o.'d over this situation and to say so -- I certainly am -- but to me, it comes down to this: either you trust the company to be doing everything they can to produce the books they need to sell to make money, and that there's a reason they haven't changed printers or told us more about the problem; or you don't trust them, in which case you can't expect telling them what to do or demanding a different response to do any good, and you should evaluate your future relationship with Hero Games on that basis.

If you notice I usually wait one month to update this thread. I want new product in print like anyone else yet understand that it may take sometime. That being said it is getting dangeroulsy close to Gencon and they need to either get a new printer or find someway to solve the printing logjam. It's not going to look very good if they go to Gencon without any new books in print. Not to mention according to my FLGS Champions Villians Vol 1 is also no longer availiable at least until they get more printed. So until the printing problem is solved I will wait a month once again than ask the same question.

If you notice I usually wait one month to update this thread. I want new product in print like anyone else yet understand that it may take sometime. That being said it is getting dangeroulsy close to Gencon and they need to either get a new printer or find someway to solve the printing logjam. It's not going to look very good if they go to Gencon without any new books in print. Not to mention according to my FLGS Champions Villians Vol 1 is also no longer availiable at least until they get more printed. So until the printing problem is solved I will wait a month once again than ask the same question.

Don't trust your FLGS on what's "in print" - they go by the distributors, who list anything not in their warehouse as "out of print" - which is an awful lot of "stuff not actually out of print" - CV1 is still in the Hero Store, your FLGS can buy direct from source.

• 4 weeks later...

Another month has come and gone and were still at square one. How hard is it for them to clear up the printer backlog. Seriously. It's not funny anymore. Gencon is a month away. It's been what four months with imo nothing significant having been done. The last print book I bought was Champions Villians Vol 2. Is the printing company they are using owned by a family member? Any other rpg company would have ditched them and gone with a more reliable printer. I'm all for being patient yet my patience is wearing thin. While I could get the PDF I am not a fan of the format. Something needs to be done beyond telling us "their working on it". If they are we are not seeing any results. Showing up at Gencon with just PDFs imo is not a good thing.