My kingdom for some (pictures of) armor

SAW2

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but no place else seemed right so...

I'm getting some artwork done of one my characters. He wears a medieval plate/chainmail combo type of armor. I want to give the artist at least a picture of something similar but I have not been able to find anything even close. Everything I've found is either full plate or chainmail but no good mixture.

I figure pretty much everyone on these boards is more net-savy than I. So if anybody knows of some good armor pictures floating around the interweb I would very much appreciate a point in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

SAW

Re: My kingdom for some (pictures of) armor

Not sure if the below are to Plate Mail for you

blackknightfront.jpg

[ATTACH]37735[/ATTACH]

For some reason I couldn't link the above to I decided to attach it

Also the Chuburg and Milanese Suits of Armor may be what you want at: http://www.armorvenue.com of course if you got a couple of thousand laying around you could own them.

Churburg Armor

http://www.armorvenue.com/ab0072.html

yhst-87491460501412_2135_48323311.jpg

Milanese Armor

http://www.armorvenue.com/ab0063.html

yhst-87491460501412_2135_48926911.jpg

Composite plate/chain? Sure, easy. What kind of era/feel are you looking for? By that I mean, like Germany, 1200, western europe, 1300, Byzantium 1400, or Japan 1600? Footman or horseman? All plate/chain composite armours but quite different in appearance.

cheers, Mark

Wow. Great pictures & paintings.

Hmmm... I guess western Europe, definitly horseman (he rides a pegasus). I described the armor to the artist and she seemed to understand exactly what I was talking about. If I can figure out how I'll put it up here so everyone can see.

Thanks for the help.

SAW

Ah,

OK. Sounds like you have sorted it out, but here's some useful pictures should more reference be required :) showing evolution over that period.

Knight1.png

Knight2.png

Knight3.png

As you have found googling "armor" and "knight" is not very useful, but you can rapidly find what you need if you google specific period (for example "knight + hundred year's war") or a specific part of the armour ("Knight + hounskull" for example). That'll bring up what you need.

cheers, Mark