Tanghal tower

Boll Weevil

Re: Tanghal tower

Phooey! Dragonfly's Classic Champions campaign made me wax nostalgic. It's entirely possible I may have the old VIPER scenario but my basement storage is scary. If I don't post for a while, send help. I will likely be trapped under vinyl records and bowling trophies (purchased, of course).

Actually, several of those old VIPER scenarios -- VIPER's Nest, Assault on the Tanghal Tower, Microfilm Madness, and Combat in Christopher Park, including maps -- were updated as part of a multi-part adventure scenario in the Fourth Edition VIPER sourcebook. Does that help?

Actually' date=' several of those old VIPER scenarios -- [i']VIPER's Nest, Assault on the Tanghal Tower, Microfilm Madness, [/i]and Combat in Christopher Park, including maps -- were updated as part of a multi-part adventure scenario in the Fourth Edition VIPER sourcebook. Does that help?

I assumed that was the 'old module' he was talking about. I didn't actually know that was reprinted from previous materials, having started with 4th.

Actually' date=' several of those old VIPER scenarios -- [i']VIPER's Nest, Assault on the Tanghal Tower, Microfilm Madness, [/i]and Combat in Christopher Park, including maps -- were updated as part of a multi-part adventure scenario in the Fourth Edition VIPER sourcebook. Does that help?
I don't remember Microfilm madness.

Microfilm Madness was originally published separately in an issue of Space Gamer. It was accompanied by brief histories of VIPER and UNTIL.

IIRC, it was written by George Macdonald.

It works in perfectly with the other scenarios.

Basically, it's the PCs, VIPER, UNTIL and some supervillains all try to locate and secure some concealed microfilm in a library at the same time.

Fun, and not terribly complicated.

This was one of the best adventure series to rig to another genre. I used it to start my fourth ed Dark Champions game with a group of new players. Microfilm Madness turned to a mob accountant depositing his account disc as insurance against the mob in a government run depository. Leaked out to the underworld, vigilantes & villians rushed to secure the disc. Tanghal Towers was evidence of one of the mob family's crimes against another family. Vigilantes had to survive multiple machine gun attacks to get the evidence (which was files, photos and a body). Christopher Park was the aforementioned accountant wanting to turn over on the mob, and the mob hiring villians to wipe out him and the Vigs. Used Triggerhappy, Swansong and Spike for massive mayhem. Viper's Nest became an attack on the mob's HQ using the mansion from the BBB. If I run it again, I will use Card Shark as the instigators of the mob war and Viper's Nest will be one of their HQs.