Foxbat For President

Black

This is less about Champions and more toward a Champions campaign. Anyway I bought today Foxbat For President, and have a campaign in mind, this is to help push the story along. Problem is, it says for players at 350-450 points. Is that combined, or for each player? If it's the latter: my players start out as sidekicks for this campaign and I saw that beginning points are 100/100 and will build up for this campaign to maybe be full fledged heroes. So is there anyway to make it into a first level campaign, or is it impossible and should it be sold as credit for something else?

Re: Foxbat For President

This is a 5th edition sourcebook. Since I'm the author, I'll be happy to give you some advice on this. Read 400-500 instead of 350-450. And that is per player. All point totals in published adventures are assumed to be per player. I apologize for not being more clear.

Look carefully at some of the discrepancies between editions and correct for differences. I don't know when I'll have the time to release a 6th edition version of this book, but it will likely be next year, when I'm doing a REALLY big one and I may not have time to do more than one.

If there's any questions you have about running it, just ask me. I offer full product support for everything I write, provided I am aware of your existence and you don't think I'm a chowder head.

Other Campaign Promises you might wish Foxbat to make:

1) Move Vancouver to New Zealand, so that all of the movies in the world can be made in one place.

2) Paint his face on the Hoover Dam, and rename it "The Foxbat Dam"

3) Put his face on all the baked goods in America.

4) All Sheep Must Be Shaved.

5) Tom Lehrer Must Be Raised From the Dead, so that the New Math which is now the Old Math can be the New Math again! (This is made even more incongruous by the fact that Mr. Lehrer is still alive!)

6) The Donkelephant will become the new national animal, representative of both political parties. Genetic experimentation will begin at once to produce this creature!

7) Squeezy Sponges are banned. When asked, he does not give an explanation of any sort.

8) All bicycle tracks will be replaced with rows of treadmills.

9) Ice Cream is the new Superfood! (Foxbat plans to get the votes of millions of kids. Too bad kids can't vote)

10) There is no number ten! Foxbat left campaign promise number ten in his spare costume!

This is a 5th edition sourcebook. Since I'm the author, I'll be happy to give you some advice on this. Read 400-500 instead of 350-450. And that is per player. All point totals in published adventures are assumed to be per player. I apologize for not being more clear.

Look carefully at some of the discrepancies between editions and correct for differences. I don't know when I'll have the time to release a 6th edition version of this book, but it will likely be next year, when I'm doing a REALLY big one and I may not have time to do more than one.

If there's any questions you have about running it, just ask me. I offer full product support for everything I write, provided I am aware of your existence and you don't think I'm a chowder head.

Nope, in fact I'm impressed that the ORIGINAL author, actually replies to my meager thread. :)

And actually I'm using 5th edition rules, however if you ever get a chance to release a fixed updated version, that would be awesome.

What if I only have 2 or 3 players, should I make it 200-300 points or should I up it a bit to even the odds?

1) Move Vancouver to New Zealand, so that all of the movies in the world can be made in one place.

2) Paint his face on the Hoover Dam, and rename it "The Foxbat Dam"

3) Put his face on all the baked goods in America.

4) All Sheep Must Be Shaved.

5) Tom Lehrer Must Be Raised From the Dead, so that the New Math which is now the Old Math can be the New Math again! (This is made even more incongruous by the fact that Mr. Lehrer is still alive!)

6) The Donkelephant will become the new national animal, representative of both political parties. Genetic experimentation will begin at once to produce this creature!

7) Squeezy Sponges are banned. When asked, he does not give an explanation of any sort.

8) All bicycle tracks will be replaced with rows of treadmills.

9) Ice Cream is the new Superfood! (Foxbat plans to get the votes of millions of kids. Too bad kids can't vote)

10) There is no number ten! Foxbat left campaign promise number ten in his spare costume!

Ha, consider this list printed for further reference!:cheers:

I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I hate moving. On the other, I've always wanted to see New Zealand.

And thinking about the logistics, it is an entire city. That's a lot of apple boxes. I mean, we could start collecting now, but we'll end up with a heck of a pile by Inauguration Day. And the friend with the pickup truck that we haven't talked to in years is going to be seriously pissed off, even if he's too polite to admit it. I'm torn, and maybe I won't vote for Foxbat. Though I bet all the New Zealanders will! (Vancouver is so cool, of course they'll want to hang around with us.)

Nope, in fact I'm impressed that the ORIGINAL author, actually replies to my meager thread. :)

And actually I'm using 5th edition rules, however if you ever get a chance to release a fixed updated version, that would be awesome.

What if I only have 2 or 3 players, should I make it 200-300 points or should I up it a bit to even the odds?

Ha, consider this list printed for further reference!:cheers:

The best way to control that is not to change the totals of your 5th edition 350-450 point characters. The best way to control that is to adjust the amount of opposition relative to the number of characters playing. Most groups assume six players, so that's what I scale everything for. Use less opposition. This will be more helpful to you. In general, I recommend 3-5 agents per supervillain. One supervillain equals one PC. I hope that de-complicates your game.