Kobold Kommandos

Susano

Re: Kobold Kommandos

I put in the infravision. I'm not sure they need tails that can manipulate objects, though. The purpose of most kobolds in a game, after all, is to die on the end of the swords of the PCs.

These are special Kobolds, of course. The big problem will be the sorcerer. I really have no idea what all he'd need to be able to do to carry out his role in the adventure.

...An Int score and some understanding of Natural Philosophy. Which, in a fantasy universe, can provide magic.

...An Int score and some understanding of Natural Philosophy. Which' date=' in a fantasy universe, can provide magic.[/quote']

Which means a writeup that includes some means of spellcasting -- probably a small VPP with some dramatic limitations to keep him from overpowering the adventure. It might include a "no attacks" limitation to make him limited essentially to Aids and the like (since that seems to be mainly what he does).

Which means a writeup that includes some means of spellcasting -- probably a small VPP with some dramatic limitations to keep him from overpowering the adventure. It might include a "no attacks" limitation to make him limited essentially to Aids and the like (since that seems to be mainly what he does).

An Int roll would make the effects unreliable.

I put in the infravision. I'm not sure they need tails that can manipulate objects, though. The purpose of most kobolds in a game, after all, is to die on the end of the swords of the PCs.

These are special Kobolds, of course. The big problem will be the sorcerer. I really have no idea what all he'd need to be able to do to carry out his role in the adventure.

Then apply the Limited Manipulation Limitation to the tails. All I'm saying is that most tailed humanoids in the HSB have Extra Limb bought for them, even if the tail is mainly for show.

Then apply the Limited Manipulation Limitation to the tails. All I'm saying is that most tailed humanoids in the HSB have Extra Limb bought for them' date=' even if the tail is mainly for show.[/quote']

Does nothing, costs nothing: I don't think Kobold tails are there for anything but show - they certainly don't seem to be prehensile, or useable as limbs. Extra limb should be reserved for .... well, extra limbs. Would you charge a dog points for it's tail? Of course, a GM could make the tails prehensile: that'd add a bit of kobold-specific flavour to the build.

cheers, Mark