Suggestions: Giant Elvis Fight

mattingly

Re: Suggestions: Giant Elvis Fight

"Don't bleed on my blue suede shoes."

"You're all shook up."

"Hunk a hunk a burning sandwhich" and then throws a gigantic peanut butter, bacon and banana sandwich at the target. It's on hot garlic bread.

"It's time for my pink Cadillac" - A gigantic pink Cadillac drives in from nowhere. Elvis gets in, and the Cadillac drives off into the clouds.

The parts of my brain that didn't melt upon reading about this can only come up with a few lines:

After a particularly successful hit by a PC: "You ain't nothing but a hounddog!"

After a long PC soliloquy: "Let's have a little less conversation!"

When it looks bad for the Elvises: "Looks like time for some jailhouse rock!"

The last Elvis standing: "Please! Don't be cruel!"

I just found a piece of brain that suggests that the Elvises would have to all know karate (or, perhaps, the Jailhouse Rock martial art), and the fight should take place in a ghetto.

Off the top of my head, all your Elvises (Elvi?) would know karate, although they would likely pronounce it "kah-rah-tay."

Are any of your PCs female? I can't imagine Elvis, giant or otherwise, bringing himself to strike a woman. Romance a woman, definitely, but not fight one.

That's all I got for now. Someone who's a bigger Elvis fan than myself will have to weigh in.

The Elvises (Elvi?) all have to look different' date=' representing different stages of Elvis' career. There should also be at least one giant Elvis impersonator.[/quote']I was about to suggest this :thumbup:

In fact, take it a step further and use his movies as a guide for the different appearances.

I was thinking the gyrating hips ought to represent some sort of Autofire HTH attack. ;)

Ever see recordings of Elvis's late-'60's television special? One sequence has Elvis performing "Jailhouse Rock" on a set of multiple levels with faux-prison bars background, followed by a "conga line" of dancers imitating his moves. Perhaps the interior of the ship could have a section resembling that; and this might be a good way for the Elvi to make their entrances.

The Hawaiian concert Elvis wore leis around his neck -- they could be thrown as Entangles.

(I can't believe I'm actually seriously discussing this topic.) :rolleyes:

Wait, wouldn't they all be Elvis impersonators? Or is there some freaky time/dimension warp going on where the real Elvis Presley can simultaneously exist in multiple giant bodies? I might consider giving one or more of them the following:

Dazzling Sequins! 4d6 Flash vs Sight, Trigger when Elvis is targeted, Act 11-, only with a bright light source nearby

From a rock history standpoint, few if any were bigger than The King despite his ignoble demise, and since these are giant Elvis impersonators to boot, you almost have to have the line "The bigger they are, the harder they fall".

i was instantly reminded of this scene from Nextwave Agents of H.A.T.E by warren Ellis/Stuart Immonen(which is awesome and you should have read it). some small flying Elvi before the main event might be a fun start for the giant Elvi or one that breaks up into dozens of smaller Elvi representing the impersonators

nextwave3.jpg

if you name your adventures a i have to suggest RETURN OF THE KING!! or possibly TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS IN A FLASH

TCB would also be an great name for a power either lightning based or a speed based one possibly with lightning special effect.

is there any chance of more detail on how this state of events just for the curious.

i'm picturing some sort of fakes his death and goes of to do the john carter of mars thing,

of course thats just so i can picture Vegas era style but in shape Elvis with ray gun and sword green skinned metal bikini clad beauties clinging to his leg as he fights a dragon(wishes he had the money to commission that pic now).

As an alternative to a faked-his-death scenario: in the Champions Universe belief generates gods rather than the reverse, and there have been thousands of Elvis worshippers holding candlelight vigils at Graceland every year for decades. Maybe someday those gates swing open and The King comes striding out like Gozer the Gozerian at the end of Ghostbusters?

As an alternative to a faked-his-death scenario: in the Champions Universe belief generates gods rather than the reverse' date=' and there have been thousands of Elvis worshippers holding candlelight vigils at Graceland every year for decades. Maybe someday those gates swing open and The King comes striding out like Gozer the Gozerian at the end of [i']Ghostbusters[/i]?

Love that idea, and once used it in an Unknown Armies inspired game. :)

Wow, some of you guys are even weirder and goofier than me.

For a little background, all the aliens look like Elvis, because Elvis Presley is/was a member of their race. So none of them, regardless of size, are Elvis impersonators.

Indeed. That will be one of the soundtrack songs for the event.

"Because Elvis is a perfect being!"

So, from a Chariots of the Gods point of view, the Aliens that taught pyramid building to the ancient Egyptians and Mayans, and who cross bred with humans, were Elvi. The Pyramids were not landing pads for ships; they were concert venus and cassino hotels. Vegas in America was an Alien city stronghold.