Dr Destroyer helmet of power

Opale

Hi guys !

While I'm thinkign on how to make my builds better, I thought of something I prefered to ignore at first, having no idea on how to do it.

In my CNM campaign, Dr Destroyer (whom I find pretty weak, but that's another story) runs after an Antediluvian Helmet of his, that contains lots of mental powers.

it's a kind of Artefact that pretty anyone can use, tough he's is the only one to not be corrupted by it, been made of it's own essence.

Can some of you tell me how to build such an object ?

is that a gadget? a vehicle (it increase Dr Destroyer teleporting abilities which are already pretty cosmic) ? A powered armor ? A simple Focus that anyone can use ?

I will try to post the known powers of Dr Destroyer and the helmet later...

Help please !

Re: Dr Destroyer helmet of power

In my CNM campaign, Dr Destroyer (whom I find pretty weak, but that's another story) runs after an Antediluvian Helmet of his, that contains lots of mental powers.

it's a kind of Artefact that pretty anyone can use, tough he's is the only one to not be corrupted by it, been made of it's own essence.

Can some of you tell me how to build such an object ?

is that a gadget? a vehicle (it increase Dr Destroyer teleporting abilities which are already pretty cosmic) ? A powered armor ? A simple Focus that anyone can use ?

Personally, I'd go the "gadget/focus" route. Especially given that, if I understand the concept correctly, any Joe Schmoe off the street could get at least some functionality out of the thing....Tho' they would also probably end up a mass of evil flesh in short order too.

If you have not given Surbrooks Stuff a look yet I'd suggest taking a gander at his "Enchanted Weapons" page. Especially the write ups for "STORMBRINGER", "GROSPOLINA" and (perhaps most applicably to your build question) "THE SWORD OF KAS". Classically self aware swords. Take some of the powers/skills from "THE SWORD OF KAS" (mind link, persuasion, conversation, etc) and toss in a bit of mind control and..... :sneaky:

As for rules references, the character sheet for "GROSPOLINA" comments that: "...Grospolina was built using the "rules" for building intelligent enchanted items found on page 279 of 5th Edition Fantasy Hero...."

BTW, I've had some trouble connecting to the site this morning but the URL for the main page of Surbrook's Stuff is (or should be):

http://surbrook.devermore.net/index/

To get to the Enchanted Weapons page you will want to click on the "Hero System Gaming Resources" link on that first page...Then look under Fantasy Hero for the link to the Enchanted Weapons page. :thumbup:

Looking forward to hearing more about your build.

-Carl-

Here's a direct linky:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/herosource/fantasy_hero/enchantedweapons.html

That helmet Doc D went after always reminded me a bit about this popular one:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/miscellaneous/serpentcrown.htm

Most self-aware items would be built as AI, with some assorted powers (and appropriately devious Disadvantages/Complications... ;) )

If you think Destroyer is weak' date=' I'd hate to see how you're building your heroes.[/quote']

She said it was in her CNM campaign which I assume is Champions: New Millennium. Wasn't that the name of the Fusion one? He's probably not the same build you are thinking of...

SO to respond to everyone .

Yes I play the Champions : The New Millenium setting.

It has been made at first with the Fuzion System, and the second Edition provided me with HERO System translations.

I was pondering to post the Champions sheets to you all, because I had a exchange with Steve Long.

I wish to have some help about the balance of the game, and probably to rebuild some characters, like Dr Destroyer.

For instance my players characters are between 400 and 580 points.

And Dr Destroyer in CNM is pretty whimpy compared to the 5th Edition of CHampions for instance. I'll post him too, but just thinking about him, I think he's more like 1000 or 2000 points.. Maybe I'm wrong , I'm not sure anymore.

Other cases of "weak" villains happens often in CNM : Mechanon is a big example of this too. And some NPCs are even more powerful than Dr Destroyer in their initial design, just like the Scion of Caine named Radion...

Except all this, I love the setting CNM has. It makes the PCs really in the center of the stories, because they are the Champions rediscovering a world where all old heroes are dead or disappeared

@the palindromedary : What am I supposed to mean or not ? Giving I babble so much that I often forget what I just said :P

Just an information/quote I got from Steve Long, because I didn't want to post something without having the rights to do it.

Steve Long said :

I have no objection if you post backgrounds and illustrations for original characters you've created. For published characters, please don't do anything more than write a short paragraph explaining how the character differs from his standard (6E published) version.

So, for those who want the versions of my characters, we will have to find another way to make them accessible (Maybe my gmail private storage ? ). Any idea is welcome.

Or I invite those who want to contact me privately.

And I'd love for sure your opinions about them.

Just an information/quote I got from Steve Long, because I didn't want to post something without having the rights to do it.

Steve Long said :

I have no objection if you post backgrounds and illustrations for original characters you've created. For published characters, please don't do anything more than write a short paragraph explaining how the character differs from his standard (6E published) version.

So, for those who want the versions of my characters, we will have to find another way to make them accessible (Maybe my gmail private storage ? ). Any idea is welcome.

Or I invite those who want to contact me privately.

And I'd love for sure your opinions about them.

Does this mean that all your characters are versions of published characters?

Yes, absolutely.

They are characters made using the Fuzion System and proposed in the Second Edtion of Champions: The New Millenium rulebook.

There were the character sheets using the HERO 5th Edition system. And they were "translated" into this system literally, so I guess they are pretty blunt.

For instance I uploaded some information in a private place about the characters to not go against intellectual property laws. For those who want to have a look, just pm me with your email adress, so I can share the folder with you.