• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragitsu

• Certified

• tkdguy

• Clonus

Re: Ctrl+V

"Drinking, again?" Hel enquired crisply. "You should have more self-discipline, Li". She was met with a sigh in response, as Li folded her arms across the railing and then rested her forehead upon them. Hel could see the arrow-tip of the girl's tail waving back and forth, which generally meant she was agitated.

"I could teach you discipline. If you were willing to learn".

Badass.

---

The client was a recently divorced mother of two, whose rich, cheating ex had screwed her out of everything. The job was to get a file from his the bastard's safe that would make a very interesting read to the IRS, A little intimidation, a little blackmail and hey presto the lady gets a more than fair settlement. The money wasn't great, but then again, when was it of late. Some is better than none, which led them to the little wrinkle in their plan and their present predicament.

Interaction is already a bottleneck. It will get much worse as graphics, environment, and history experience their expected breakthroughs. To me, the implication is clear—the principles of information software and context-sensitive information graphics will become critical as technology improves.

The future will be context-sensitive. The future will not be interactive.

Are we preparing for this future? I look around, and see a generation of bright, inventive designers wasting their lives shoehorning obsolete interaction models onto crippled, impotent platforms. I see a generation of engineers wasting their lives mastering the carelessly-designed nuances of these dead-end platforms, and carelessly adding more. I see a generation of users wasting their lives pointing, clicking, dragging, typing, as gigahertz processors spin idly and gigabyte memories remember nothing.

Super Hero Name: Mr. Terrific

Other Names: Given name Nonya, surname Biznuss. I'm Ukranian.

Race: 200-kilometer dash.

Secret Identity: Back in 8th grade I waged a graffiti campaign against that jerk Byron Leeper using the nom de plume "Incredible Atomic Toad". They never caught me, and the sketch I drew of him in the north boy's room of him humping a poodle lasted three years before they painted over it.

Area of Activity: Cislunar space.

Family: Hominidae, pending reclassification. Taxonomy is mutable.

Political Status: My old draft card said 4-F.

Marital Status: Like the old song said, "Four that want to own me, two that want to stone me, one says she's a friend of mine."

Allies: Now accepting applications.

Enemies: People who make lists of their enemies don't have much time for doing anything else.

Any other info we should know about?: Lots, but since the University denied me tenure, it's not my job to teach you. If you don't like that, go tell Dean Radziemski to stuff a casaba up his ***.

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move.

Jack, listen to me. We're all born with an expiration date. No one lasts forever. Life is nothing but a grace period - for turning our genetic material into the next generation. The data of life is transferred from parent to child. That's how it works. But we have no heirs, no legacy. Cloned from our father, with the ability to reproduce conveniently engineered out. What is our legacy if we cannot pass the torch? Proof of our existence - a mark of some sort. When the torch is passed on from parent to child... it extends beyond DNA; information is imparted as well. All I want is to be remembered. By other people, by history.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this and not relevant to this comic, but I think the first fire guy probably had the same no-dismiss energy in it as pup. Greg's strong, but I'd take a guess that the hits Justin and Elliot gave it should have been greater than one punch from Greg.