• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragitsu

• Certified

• tkdguy

• Clonus

Re: Ctrl+V

Killing things is awesome, but I think my most epic success was in Star Wars when I bluffed our way into an imperial base without any kind of forged paperwork or identification.

We had our cunning plan all planned out, and I could forge things as could a couple other people. I just forgot to. So we pull up to the front gate of the compound in our stolen imperial truck, and the guard says, "Papers."

Everything stops.

Then I begin desperately slapping at my pockets and the compartments in the truck. "Papers? Papers? Oh blast.. That must be what I used to clean up that coffee I spilled a few miles back. I wondered where they came from."

The guard rolled his eyes, muttered, "I hate stormtroopers," and let us in. Thus providing my new manta for bluffing: There is nothing more believable than incompetence.

And by the way, we blew up the base. Due to a string of increasingly improbable bluff checks, I managed to avoid combat (for myself at least) almost the entire time.

Edward grinned as she punched his shoulder and then offered a genuine smile "Actually... I would very much like to hear them. Where I come from, we have a lot of stories... some of them true, but a lot of them are just for fun." He paused, thoughtful for a moment. "Tell you what, if you want, I can tell you one of the stories from my home and you can tell me a story or a little bit about you...I mean, your people." He gave a silent prayer that Dalla did not catch that slip of the tongue.

He nodded solemnly. Gordon had had just about enough of dark corridors and surprise zombies, thank you very much. Hopefully, with the Combine retreating from the Citadel, they wouldn't want to bother them anymore and everything would go so much smoother from here on out.

Gordon silently berated himself. Why did he torture himself with these thoughts?

He nodded solemnly. Gordon had had just about enough of dark corridors and surprise zombies, thank you very much. Hopefully, with the Combine retreating from the Citadel, they wouldn't want to bother them anymore and everything would go so much smoother from here on out.

Gordon silently berated himself. Why did he torture himself with these thoughts?

Half Life 2 fanfic?

The Dark Realm

The corner where no light penetrates in the room everyone tells you not to go into; the dream that wakes you screaming that you can never quite remember; the alleyway that turns your resolve into rubber; these are the Dark places. These are the places where the Dark Realm reaches out and teases the waking mind. Where most have the sense to look away, for one brief moment the Dark Lucid embraced these places.

MASTER NPC LIST

PEOPLE OF FYRKAT

Farming People

Agvider -- male. He has green skin and is really good at hiding in the forest.

Dagfithr (dag yreeth) -- female with blue skin. Vidar’s wife. She helps with the smithing and if seven feet tall and green would make an excellent She Hulk.

Guthny (gooth-nee) -- female with blue skin. Aged 48 seasons or so, she’s perky, vivacious, and won’t stop talking. In the modern era, she’d be a cheerleader and in the glee club.

Halli (hal-lee) - -male with red skin. he’s Vidar’s son and apprentice. He’s around 55 season old and has a physique similar to Vidar’s.

Kolli -- male with yellow skin. He’s a goatherd.

Styrmir -- male with purple skin.

Váli (vow-lee) -- male with blue skin. He is the oldest person in the village, but still retains his build, which must have been impressive when he was younger. He tends to think before speaking, and isn’t one for idle chit-chat.

Vidar (vee-dar) -- male with red skin. Village blacksmith. He has an impressive physique (think the guy who played “Thor” in Adventures in Babysitting.)

The Orange Girl -- the only orange-skinned woman in the village

The Orange Guy -- the only orange-skinned man in the village

Hunting People

Agni -- male. He’s a weaver and wants to start a family with Harfreder. Billy Jo thinks he’s gay.

Dalla -- female. She’s about 48 seasons of age, with tanned skin and white hair. Like many Hunting People females, she’s very tomboyish.

Finnogi (fin-nbohgee) -- male. Apprentice to Vidar the blacksmith. He’s around 48 seasons of age and shows signs of developing muscle (he’ll probably end up the most muscular Hunting Person in the village.)

Gormr -- male. He’s a leather worker.

Gyda -- female and Harfreder's niece. 18 seasons old and cute as a button. Wants to be a hunter when she grows up.

Harfreder -- female and roughly 80 seasons or so. She’s an expert hunter, but reckless, and tends to hunt alone.

Harfreder's brother -- Not mentioned by name, but he’s Gyda's father and a farmer.

Karl -- male, adult.

Mother Gytha (gee-tha) -- female. Likened to Sophia Loren, she’s akin to the village doctor, midwife, and nurse all rolled into one.

Rafnsvartr -- male, adult.

Vakr -- male, adult.

Leaping People

Authfríthr (aooth-freeth) -- female. About 70 seasons old and Herger and Hildigunnr’s daughter. She’s unique in being very dark-furred, as opposed to the typical Leaping Person grays and whites.

Halma -- older female. Takes care of the children while the parents are out working.

Herger (her-ge) -- male with gray fur. Village carpenter. He has a great sense of humor (his advice to Marcus when the latter couldn’t properly lift a hammer was “Grow stronger.”) His hair is worn long and heavily braided and decorated (his wife’s work.) Billy Jo is in slight awe at his ability to eyeball measurements.

Hildigunnr (heel-dee-goon-n) -- female. Herger’s wife. She has an unusual physique for a Leaping Person (she’s very curvaceous) and wears her hair to her waist. She’s also the village’s primary barber, if the need arises.

Mister Grimm -- male. He’s more gray then white, and is never seen without his pipe and straw hat. He speaks slowly, with a lot of thoughtful pauses, and seems have come from Central Casting with the label “wise-old grand-dad.”

Vilgerthr (vil-gerth) -- female. About 48 seasons old, she has white fur and hair and is Mister Grimm’s daughter and Mother Gytha’s apprentice. Quiet and studious, she’d wear glasses and have an arm-load of books if this was Teen Champions.

Other

Rover, Billy Jo's pet lizard.

Example: Left in the apartment with only Margaret and Grigori, Nico is bored. Unable to get either of their attention Nico decides he’s going to play with Grigori whether he likes it or not. Hiding under the sink in the kitchen Nico bides his time until Grigori comes looking for a drink. Lunging from the cabinet the wild child attempts to latch onto Grigori’s back. Having no clue what is about to transpire Grigori is left to fate and his good Fortune his Characteristics are: Attribute: Fortune 8, Skill: Intuition 8 for a Value of 16.