Quick Question: Tele/Psycho-kinesys visible?

Dr Divago

Hi all

a quick and dirty question (i was trying to post in chatroom but something's wrong and i can't enter xD btw i can post here so...)

TK is standard visible? i suppose "yes" 'cause cost END. But this mean everyone will see a big half transparent hand coming from me to my target, or a purple tentacle (like the ones in CO MMO), or a big pulse wave of compressed/dilated air who envelop target obeject?

or i can just say "visible special effect: my eyes are blinking while i raise my arm and point it to the target"?

i can buy "IPE" to get TK totally invisible or maybe to convert standard "visible" to the last special effect (the "my eyes are blinking" part :) )

and if i say TK BOECV (aka Psychokinesys) it's visible with normal sights AND mental awareness or just with mental awareness??

TY for help

Btw i add another quick question: can i use TK to "punch" enemies and hitting them with TK STR-based damage, or i need to buy an EB for this?

ty for help :)

Re: Quick Question: Tele/Psycho-kinesys visible?

And if you want to punch people with it, there are either Advantages to add to it to make it so, but you are better off buying a Blast to represent that. Fun with Multipowers I say.

~Rex

By the rules I guess it is. I fought my GM on this one and lost once, he made my ring of TK visible when I tried to lift an item from a villian without them noticing.

If you read the issue of New Warriors where the Warriors fights Namor, Namor mentions how these children are fighting him with bubbles and "pink umbrellas" - the pink umbrella being a TK shield generated by Marvel Boy... so I guess his mutant TK is visible. I'd always assumed before that the pink aura was a special effect for the reader... but TK mutant is visible in Marvel.

Good rule of thumb, if the power costs endurance then it is visible. It must be visible in such a way that the power can be traced back to the person who originated the power/attack.

The mental powers (which are listed as such in 6e1 and don't include TK) are invisible except to those who have Mental Awareness. The target of a mental power also knows who hit them with the power.

If you have a power in mind that uses TK and is invisible, just buy invisible power effects for the power.

Telekinesis is expensive and adding invisibility makes it more so

In a campaign with a 60 active point cap for powers,

a 40 strength telekinesis will not compare to the 60 strength bricks.

If the telekinesis were also invisible,

its strength would be 27.

Telekinesis is expensive and adding invisibility makes it more so

In a campaign with a 60 active point cap for powers,

a 40 strength telekinesis will not compare to the 60 strength bricks.

If the telekinesis were also invisible,

its strength would be 27.

Well...make it a Multipower slot with several different variants on TK then. One can be base...another can be weaker STR, but with Fine Manipulation and IPE. Loads of ways to build TK based characters....

Remember that fully Invisible Telekinesis (or any attack power) almost guarantees that the attack gets a surprise bonus of some sort. It's also within reason to some to allow characters to have TK only Martial Art Maneuvers (and the damage bonus from them gets added straight).

Well...make it a Multipower slot with several different variants on TK then. One can be base...another can be weaker STR' date=' but with Fine Manipulation and IPE. Loads of ways to build TK based characters....[/quote']

True enough

I just haven't seen any player play a telekinesis based character

True enough

I just haven't seen any player play a telekinesis based character

Here are couple that have been used in my groups a few years ago:

I-Mind (note that while her TK is not fully invisible, it does not have link to her like a Green Lantern energy construct does to the Ring)

Metalminia (note that only the 2nd slot in her multipower has invisible TK but there is a good reason)

Thx all for answers :)

so far, i found BoECV is too much expensive for TK so i come back to "basic" TK

I added Gestures (throughout -½) so i stated TK is visible 'cause he need to point the object than mimicry movement with hand gestures

of course i multipower-ed them so he get

- standard TK 20 STR with just gestures

- IPE TK with 10 STR, fully invisible BUT of course less powerful (i can explain it like a sort of casual TK STR :cool: )

- Fine Manipulation TK with STR 12 (or it was 14? don't remember :D )

main problem my player is a strange alien thing who like playing the -less rpg (you know, diceless, sheetless, masterless, funless... those crappy things here...) and so it's arguing about some crappy things like

"why i can't TK crush his hearth?" "you can't see it" "ok then i crash his chest. i can?" "yes. you do same damage than crashing his legs" "no i whanna do more. then i crash his neck..."

-.-

main problem my player is a strange alien thing who like playing the -less rpg (you know, diceless, sheetless, masterless, funless... those crappy things here...) and so it's arguing about some crappy things like

"why i can't TK crush his hearth?" "you can't see it" "ok then i crash his chest. i can?" "yes. you do same damage than crashing his legs" "no i whanna do more. then i crash his neck..."

-.-

Sounds like more of a Player attitude thing.

Be polite and try to keep communication open both ways (he tells you what he wants, you tell him what YOU want and both listen). But, if he is too disruptive or it starts messing up the rest of the group, tell him to take a hike.

Well, the reasonable answer as I see it that TK is visible to touch and the mental sense group, giving the default two sense groups. Obviously picking up an object makes the TK also visible to sight, though that wouldn't by itself give away the source of the TK (nor would feeling the effects of TK on yourself, as I reason it.)

Thx all for answers :)

-.-

Rather than rebuilding the power, all of what he wants to do there (more damage via hitting vital / sensitive / squishy body parts) can be done simply by using called shot penalties. "I want to crush his heart"; "OK, you are -8 OCV for attacking vitals." Then he can buy some PSL's to offset called shot penalty if he wants to be more accurate with such things. I would also reason that he might need a decent paramedics skill / roll to go for organs he can't see.

and possibly some indirect

Here are couple that have been used in my groups a few years ago:

I-Mind (note that while her TK is not fully invisible, it does not have link to her like a Green Lantern energy construct does to the Ring)

Metalminia (note that only the 2nd slot in her multipower has invisible TK but there is a good reason)

nice effect with the missile deflect on I-Mind

Our group generally plays that Telekinesis is 2 DC per 15 base points' date=' rather than 3, so if a brick could have 60 STR a telekinetic could have 60 STR Telekinesis (but would be paying more for it).[/quote']

I was thinking a 50 strength tk would be comparable to a 60 strength.

In the 5th edition game I play the dragon in,

we are allow 60 max attack

and also allow

50 Max attack with a +1/2

I was thinking a 50 strength tk would be comparable to a 60 strength.

In the 5th edition game I play the dragon in,

we are allow 60 max attack

and also allow

50 Max attack with a +1/2

I'd suggest you consider DC-increasing advantages and non-DC-increasing advantages seperately; treating them the same tends to discourage stuff like Reduced Endurance Cost vs. just buying a bunch more Endurance with the points, or TK users.

The relevant comparison for TK is this. Which would you rather have, 50 STR TK (75 point cost) or +50 STR (50 points cost) and 38m of Stretching with No Velocity Damage and No Noncombat Stretching? The second build does 2d6 more damage/effect, and takes no range penalties at all. By the time it cuts out, you'd be -6 to hit with the TK anyways.