[Traveller Hero] What was it exactly?

Enlightened

I mean I know that it was the Traveller setting in the Hero system, but was it just a direct conversion of the book?

If so, which version of Traveller?

Was anything new added? Anything taken out?

I know I may never find a copy but I would still like to hear more about it.

Re: [Traveller Hero] What was it exactly?

Traveller Hero was mostly a conversion of Classic Traveller, with some elments of Megatraveller and New Era thrown in. we really didnt add anything new or take much out that I remember, although characters dying during creation is now optional

I had been checking Amazon ever so often to see if they had this, and when I looked this morning...THEY DID.

They had one copy of books one and two it seems!

I of course promptly ordered both. :)

I just hope I don't get a "Sorry. We were only foolin'. We don't actually have it." email.

Sadly' date=' the last time I ordered the books on Amazon, they eventually sent me my money back with a "sorry, our seller didn't actually have any" message. Grumble, grumble.[/quote']

I'm beginning to get worried. It's been a week since I ordered them and the Amazon site still shows that they haven't shipped yet. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Trust me Enlightened, if your a Traveller and Hero fan you won't be dissapointed, I've played every version of Traveller and the Hero one is my favourite, I just wish I'd bought PDFs of the other Traveller Hero products apart from the two main books, I hadn't sat down and read the 5th edition rulebook, only skimmed and it looked to crunchy for my tastes, after sitting down and working my way through 5th ed I realised it was a simple, logical system that could build anything. I still buy the Mongoose stuff and have run it and had fun, but Hero suits my style of game better. I think its the only version apart from classic thats not full of errata as well.

Heh, that would be one PDF copy of a game I would strive to get ahold of. The rest of the entirety of the PDF gaming universe......meh....But for Travelller HERO I would make an exception.

~Rex

I would just like to get the 8 Hero converted Extras and I think 6 addons.

I only got the main two books and the two setting books (in hardcopy and PDF) but I waited too long to pick up the other pdf stuff and I missed my chance when I was in Iraq.

I wish you guys had put out a few more announcements about the license imminently expiring, I might have been able to act sooner.

TB

Book update: It's been three weeks since the date the company (through Amazon) claimed to have shipped the books but they still haven't arrived. However, they have given themselves a two month window. They say the books will be here sometime before August 3rd.