Double Sucker Attack

BobGreenwade

I've been clamoring for a rule to cover this, and I only just found (totally by accident) that the rules are already halfway toward covering this.

The stunt is one where the character positions himself between two targets and tricks them into shooting each other. It's been done dozens of times in sci-fi, action-adventure, superheroes, and I don't even know what all else.

While looking for something else, I came across Sucker Attacks on 6E2 128. The stunt should be fairly easy to adapt for two attackers to hit each other, provided the character can trick them into shooting at the same time.

So I'm feeling a bit foolish, but I'm glad I found the rule.

I'm inclined to think that, for purposes of this trick, getting two opponents two shoot at you at the same time should be just handwaved. Any differences of opinion on that? (Should there be a paragraph on that in APG2, or anything of that nature?)

Re: Double Sucker Attack

I've been clamoring for a rule to cover this, and I only just found (totally by accident) that the rules are already halfway toward covering this.

The stunt is one where the character positions himself between two targets and tricks them into shooting each other. It's been done dozens of times in sci-fi, action-adventure, superheroes, and I don't even know what all else.

While looking for something else, I came across Sucker Attacks on 6E2 128. The stunt should be fairly easy to adapt for two attackers to hit each other, provided the character can trick them into shooting at the same time.

I'm inclined to think that, for purposes of this trick, getting two opponents two shoot at you at the same time should be just handwaved. Any differences of opinion on that? (Should there be a paragraph on that in APG2, or anything of that nature?)

Yeah. I remember when Vigilante did it to Sabre and Cannon.

Why not require a PRE attack to draw the attention of your two stooges and distract them sufficiently that they do not notice each other and ensure that they are bought to simultaneous fury, attacking unheeding and perishing in a mutual orgy of misplaced visceral rage?

Sounds much more fun than just handwaving.

To get the suckers to fall for it you have to position yourself in the right spot between the two suckers, convince them that you are a tempting target right then and there, then get out of the way of both blasts. Lots of Skills that would come in handy for the first two parts: Acrobatics, Breakfall, Acting, Oratory, Stealth and so on, then don't get hit. I've had this effect happen when a character with +DCV based on Acrobatics Roll rolled exceptionally well.