Multi-form complications

Reyemile

When using the multiform power, each form has its own character-sheet, and its own complications to balance out the form's points. Should those complications factor in the existence of multi-form in their cost?

For instance, an Elephant has a very frequent, highly limiting physical disadvantage "Huge". It can't go up stairs, it can't ride a car, it can't be supported by the floors of most non-industrial houses. However, a super who can turn into an elephant can ride a car, go up stairs, and hang out on the second floor; it's only the rare situation where he wants to both be an elephant and drive at the same time that he is inconvenienced.

So, when building the super's elephant form, should I be costing "huge" as a frequent limitation, or an infrequent one?

Re: Multi-form complications

If you are going to reduce the frequency of complications because the elephant can change forms, should you also limit all the elephant's stats and powers by -1/4 for "Only in Elephant ID"?

The tradeoff to me allowing the full value of the elepohant's complications, however, is that I expect it to have all the relevant complications, even if they total more than 75.

Re: Multi-form complications

And the fact that you cannot increase the Multiform's available points solely by taking extra complications is an intrinsic function of Multiform. One could also consider the lack of frequency reduction for complications to be a similar intrinsic function of Multiform. Both access to the abilities of the elephant form and the impact of its complications are affected by the fact that it has other forms.

However, I would expect that elephant to have the relevant physical complications for any elephant, as well as the relevant complications of the Multiform character, based on the SFX of the Multiform. If he becomes an elephant physically but stays the same character mentally, his psychological limitations should not vanish just because the elephant already has 75 points of complications.