Need all of your suggestions for this power build

torelin32

Hi Guys,

I have a power build that I am a little puzzled over.

The power that I want to build would be as follows:

A character will have the power to absorb energy from his surrounding environment, such as heat, light, what ever energy source is available and convert and transform that energy to power an end reserve that he has, so in turn the end reserve will power the characters powers such as aid, etc.

Does anyone of you really smart guys want to take a stab at this, to help me out.

Thanks, in advance.

Re: Need all of your suggestions for this power build

Sure, buy an END Reserve and you can put a limitation on the REC of that reserve to represent the conditions by which it recovers, in this case it requires energy sources near by.

If you want the absorption to have a game effect buy a Persistent Change Environment to represent the fact that heat and light and electricity tend to disappear when you're character is around.

and/or a Persistent Drain field.

Need more info. Does this character drop the temperature in any area he's in, maybe being a Distinctive Feature or, if useful, Change Environment? Can he crank it up, creating a Darkness field centered on himself? Does he absorb incoming hostile heat and light, feeding the END Reserve?

I would say you have an END Reserve with a conditionally limited REC depending on ambient conditions, with maybe some Absorbtion to feed the Reserve also.

Casual Player's got the right idea, I think:

If your character can affect the environment like this intentionally, in a useful way, then buy it as a Power. If it's "just a thing that happens when he's around," but it doesn't have any appreciably utility.

That is, if he can intentionally draw all the heat from a given area and create a freezing attack or a field of ice, then buy Powers to represent this. If it's more along the lines of "everyone notices that it's a bit chilly around you," then take it as a Disadvantage ala Distinctive Features.