So where are they really?

HawksmoorSD

So we know Spidey is in New York, but then again so is everyone else. What I'm wondering is what if the heroes were more spread out and where would they be? I always pictured Thor as a Pittsburgh sort. Batman would be up in Chicago. Superman I can see living in NY. Wasn't Hal Jordan somewhere in California?

If anyone has any ideas or maybe a site where this is already listed let me know. :thumbup:

Re: So where are they really?

Thor did relocate to Chicago for a brief run back in the 1980s. IIRC Thor also has a connection to Pittsburg, as that's the location of the foundry where he reforged Mjolnir after it was broken in his first confrontation with the Destroyer.

If you're not going to put Batman in New York (which in reality is nicknamed "Gotham," among other monickers), IMO he should operate out of another major American metropolis noted for crime and inner-city decay. Philadelphia, perhaps?

It occurs to me that many of Marvel-Earth's Norwegians, and people of Norwegian descent might be inclined to worship the modern-era Thor as their ancestors did hundreds of years ago--and Thor might be inclined to return the favor by staying close to them. So if he doesn't relocate to Norway, at the very least he would relocate to Minnesota.

I always thought Newark, New Jersey could have been home to Batman--according to Wikipedia it was at one time the most dangerous place in America; now it's only about the 20th. Obviously someone is on the job there.

Most likely the police. :thumbup:

If Captain America were to live somewhere other than New York, I think it would be either Washington DC or Philadelphia. Lots of monuments for all those scenes where he stands and draws inspiration as he contemplates the fight to come.

Hope that helps.

The speedsters should really be in the big states with lots of empty'ish highways rather than cities with thier cramped running conditions. Quicksilver, with European roots, might spend more time in farmbelt states like Kansas or or perhaps Nebraska? With the Flash clan in Texas or California...

It occurs to me that many of Marvel-Earth's Norwegians, and people of Norwegian descent might be inclined to worship the modern-era Thor as their ancestors did hundreds of years ago--and Thor might be inclined to return the favor by staying close to them. So if he doesn't relocate to Norway, at the very least he would relocate to Minnesota.

I always thought Newark, New Jersey could have been home to Batman--according to Wikipedia it was at one time the most dangerous place in America; now it's only about the 20th. Obviously someone is on the job there.

Most likely the police. :thumbup:

If Captain America were to live somewhere other than New York, I think it would be either Washington DC or Philadelphia. Lots of monuments for all those scenes where he stands and draws inspiration as he contemplates the fight to come.

Hope that helps.

Well, BatMan should defintely be in New York and as for Newark, New Jersey, being a cop in the US is routinely known as being "on the Job".

(Or did you know that already?)

Well, BatMan should defintely be in New York and as for Newark, New Jersey, being a cop in the US is routinely known as being "on the Job".

The original DC Superhero RPG set Gotham City as its equivalent for Philadelphia, with Metropolis as NYC.

As I recall, Central City (Flash) was equivalent to St. Louis.

It just never made sense to me that every super was clustered in NY. I can see Batman being in NY or even NJ. Actually the link Greywind shared shared showed NJ which I did find funny. Daredevil has the "Hells Kitchen" thing down so hes another on who is in NY but I'm sure there's other "trouble" spots in other major areas that could apply.

LL was it Chicago or Pittsburgh where Thor forged his Asgardian Battle Armor when he was cursed? I have the issue but I'm not able to get to it at the moment.

It occurs to me that many of Marvel-Earth's Norwegians' date=' and people of Norwegian descent might be inclined to worship the modern-era Thor as their ancestors did hundreds of years ago--and Thor might be inclined to return the favor by staying close to them. So if he doesn't relocate to Norway, at the very least he would relocate to Minnesota.[/quote']

Considering there's been a revival of ancient Germanic/Norse paganism in the real world, that seems reasonable: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_Neopaganism

Hal Jordan was indeed a Californian as were Ghost Rider, Moon Knight and Werewolf By Night. Barry Allen lived somewhere in the Midwest of course. Hawkman lived in Illinois The imaginary cities of the DC Universe spread out the members of the Justice League far more than Marvel's tendency to ignore fly-over country. (Although to be fair, the Hulk spent 90% of his time between the coasts)

Moving Iron Man's base of operations to Silicon Valley would make sense.

Daredevil's Irishness and his supply of second-string copies of Batman villains would work well in Boston.

Thor to Pittsburgh or Copenhagen. Whatever.

Captain America to Washington DC.

The Black Widow would work as a globe trotter of course. Maybe based out of Paris.

It didn't really matter where the X-Men were. They didn't fight where they lived.

Move, Hawkeye, Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne to Washington to keep Captain America company so we can still have an Avengers super team without using teleporters.

But the Great Lakes Avengers? Let's move them to New York.

Seems to me, Moving Characters to Real Life Cities that fit them:

• Batman and Baltimore seem to go together in my mind (Seacoast city once grand now decaying)
    Superman and Manhattan are linked, Just because.
    Flash would be in Kansas City MO/KS (Due to Central City - Keystone City dichotomy )
    GL Hal Jordan seems to be at a Southern Cal USAF base (Edwards?)
    Seattle and Green Arrow is a given

Captain America - Wash DC
    Iron Man is either LA or Chicago
    Spider Man has to be in Manhattan

That is all for me

There have been connections drawn to New York and Newark being analogous to Gotham City and Bludhaven. Well, or Philadelphia and Camden....