Hero's New Art Director(s)

Hey all! As most of you know, Andy Mathews' passing last year left both an enormous hole in our hearts and an equally large one in our company. For the last several months we've been talking to a trio of excellent candidates to replace him as Hero's Art Director, and we're happy to announce... well, that we liked all three very much and want to keep working with all of them!

Fred Hicks, who finished Book Of Dragons and then did the forthcoming Book Of The Machine for us, will be handling the AD chores for the 6th Edition Hero System core rulebooks. Many of you will know him for the fabulous products he does for his own companies, Evil Hat Productions (like Don't Rest Your Head and Spirit Of The Century) and One Bad Egg, makers of fine 4th Edition D&D PDF support material. He'll be sort of "first among equals" for the ADs and will be putting his practiced eye to work helping develop the look of the overall line.

Bill Keyes, everybody's favorite bunneh and AD for the forthcoming Lucha Libre Hero, and Scott Heine, whose art has graced a pile of Hero products going back to the early days and who is currently Art Directing the forthcoming Thrilling Hero Adventures tome, will also both be sticking around to do additional projects for us in the future. Both have also done tremendous jobs and we look forward to showing off their work to you shortly!

Clearly, the job of AD'ing for all of Hero's exciting new stuff coming in the near future was too much for one man, but these three talented stalwarts are together more than up for the job! Thanks and congrats to all three, for making the job of choosing between you too hard for us! dw

Re: Hero's New Art Director(s)

Hoo-hah! Best of all worlds. My congratulations to all three talented gents (and to Margo Heine, who will doubtlessly be supporting Scott in numerous ways as she always has). :)

I also find it encouraging that Hero Games now seems to be financially solid enough to afford the services of all three. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance we'll see writing contributions from any of these talented gents, in addition to their production duties? I have nothing but respect for Steve Long as a game writer, but I also enjoy reading other people's takes on the game and its worlds.

Any chance we'll see writing contributions from any of these talented gents' date=' in addition to their production duties? I have nothing but respect for Steve Long as a game writer, but I also enjoy reading other people's takes on the game and its worlds.[/quote']

It's far too soon to say yet, and obviously there's a whole lot of system work and other titles already in the hopper, with the rollout of 6th Edition to be gotten through first. But keep your eyes peeled. dw

• 2 weeks later...