What would your sidekick be named?

薔薇語

Re: What would your sidekick be named?

It's my understanding that Sherlock Holmes referred to Dr. Watson as his "Boswell," the chronicler of his life and work. To Watson, Holmes was at first a roommate, and then a good friend.

Tonto was The Lone Ranger's "faithful Indian companion." Tonto, of course, referred to the Ranger as Kemo Sabe--"faithful friend" or "trusty scout." (I prefer "faithful friend" myself.)

Kato was--as I recall--referred to in the TV series as the Green Hornet's "aide." I also recall Kato calling him "boss." Hopefully that settles that relationship--though I will admit that Bruce Lee could easily put the Hong Kong smackdown on Adam West, Burt Ward and Van Williams. All at once. Even after a heavy meal.

Hope that helps.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But a sidekick, never the less. I mean, in the old Green Hornet radio show Kato was very much a sidekick. No one would think he was cool and badass now if it wasn’t for the fact that he was played by Bruce Lee. If anyone else had played him Kato would just be another stereotypical “Chinaman” character of that time period. I'm not as well versed about Tonto.

since im IceKid It would have to be Lavakid! lol duno y? but who needs sidekicks anyay they r onli there to suggest stuff and get uuh killed well look at robin 4 instance he has no ability just gagdets lol wat an idiot! point made:D

Tonto was The Lone Ranger's "faithful Indian companion." Tonto' date=' of course, referred to the Ranger [i']as Kemo [/i]Sabe--"faithful friend" or "trusty scout." (I prefer "faithful friend" myself.)

I remember reading... "Kemo Sabe" was Apache, and means "Famous Person". "Kema Sabe" means "Unknown Person", and more appropriate when refering to someone wearing a mask...

And Tonto is a Navaho word, it means "Stupid". No, really. Had a Navaho classmate who was greatly offended by the whole Lone Ranger/Tonto schtick, and that was just part of it.

I remember reading... "Kemo Sabe" was Apache, and means "Famous Person". "Kema Sabe" means "Unknown Person", and more appropriate when refering to someone wearing a mask...

And Tonto is a Navaho word, it means "Stupid". No, really. Had a Navaho classmate who was greatly offended by the whole Lone Ranger/Tonto schtick, and that was just part of it.

I thought it was a spanish word that means idiot?

The title says it all. What would your sidekick be named?

For The Rose, I am thinking of something like "The Petal."

Yours?

La Rose

I shall name him "Four". Two and Three...well they had accidents.

kemosabe is "an Apache expression for a horse's rear end.

FarSideLoneRanger.jpg

The Navajo use a lot of Spanish words due to the influence of Spaniards who set up missions in the area. In fact Navajo is Spanish for indio from what I've read and navaja is Spanish for knife. That's probably why the Navajo now call themselves Dineh, which simply means people.

Ok, so Lone Ranger and Tonto are like old college friends who call each other the most insulting things they can as a form of Male Bonding. Got it.

I still think midget sidekicks are the way to go.

Like Octagon has Octagoncito, Defender should get a Mini Defender. And Foxbat needs a Mini Foxbat. Grond should get a Grondito. That'd be awesome.

Um, he wasn't saying they had to be kids. He was responding to someone else implying that. You’re actually agreeing with him after misrepresenting his point by only quoting part of what he said. No where did he say anything to imply he thought “Barbii” was a kid, or that all sidekicks are kids. He even said he had a love interest as a side kick in the same post you only quoted part of!

I always thought Ken was Barbie’s side kick…

I shall name him "Four". Two and Three...well they had accidents.

Best sidekick name so far. Reading this, I can't help but think of Teleios's henchmen / sidekicks.

Teleios: "Number 19, come here."

Henchman: "Yes master."

Teleios: "You're 19? I thought you were 20. I really need to start labeling you all!"

La Rose

The Bacandforthtrian has decided he needs a sidekick, so he's working on....

The Llamall!

The Mallard thinks there are a lot of people who need a sidekick - - - excuse me, he said a kick in the side. Sorry for the confusion.

The Bacandforthtrian, the Llamall, and The Mallard are all creations of Basil's Twisted Imagination, Unc. All rights reswerved

names for side kicks:

Coup de Pied Chasse

Chapa

Chapa Giratoria

Pisao

Ashi Gatana

Sokuto

Yoko Geri

Yop Chagi

Ban De Yop Chagi

Momdollio Yop Chagi

Off Topic

The Navajo use a lot of Spanish words due to the influence of Spaniards who set up missions in the area. In fact Navajo is Spanish for indio from what I've read and navaja is Spanish for knife. That's probably why the Navajo now call themselves Dineh' date=' which simply means people.[/quote']

and I'd heard that the Spanish picked up the name from one of the Pueblo peoples and that it means either "Head pounders" (For what they said Navaho did to them) or "field next to a wadi or arroyo" (For their agricultural practices.)

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders if a sidekick can have a sidekick