City of Heroes/Villains Mission ARCs

SuperPheemy

Re: City of Heroes/Villains Mission ARCs

ARC# 98374 - Red Dawn

Length: Medium

Mood: Heroic

- The Red Guard returns with revenge in their hearts, and a diabolical scheme in their minds.

Feedback and critique would be much appreciated.

I got killed on this mish- I really don't lke mishs where you have to drag multiple useless tools back to the start, especially when bad guys spawn where you've already cleared. Just not my idea of a fun time, sorry.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea for a thread.

A Warrior Divided (Arc ID: 117256)

Length: Very Long

Description: A gang war has broken out. Sky Raiders, Freakshow, and the Tsoo have all been targeted by the Warriors. Help Ms. Liberty and other heroes of Paragon turn back the rising chaos before things spin further out of control and find out what is driving this gang to reclaim the streets.

The Unbound Gate (Arc ID: 18872)

Length: Long

Description: The Pandora Cycle has begun once more. An evil sealed away has been awoken and only those few wit the will and courage to face the forces of corruption may stand before it.

I went ahead and changed the mission map for Mission 1 of Red Dawn (I learn a little more each time I log into the MA...) and with Red Doom complete, I can unveil my new Promotional Graphic!!!

album.php?albumid=86&pictureid=1285

One of the things I've learned is that there is a huge difference between what would challenge a solo hero and what would challenge a group. So Architects, be aware that Elite Bosses and ArchVillains can and will most likely possess attacks that would drop a single character in very short order.

I did a little research and discovered the CoH/V devs intend for ArchVillains to challenge groups of up to 6 characters of equivalent level. If you're intending your mission to be a challenge for the solo character, consider making the Boss, a well... Boss. Perhaps an Elite Boss for the super-climactic multi-ARC storyline.

To be clear, I wrote the Red Guard saga intended for groups of heroes, which is why there's 3 Elite Bosses and 1 Archvillain in the group.

It really depends on the character in question how challenging an EB is vs a boss. I have scrappers that go thru EB's no problem, but for most other AT's its hard. AVs are pretty much always hard to impossible to solo.

The good news is the difficulty levels affect the spawning of an AV and an EB. On lower diff levels for small groups or solos AV's will be downgraded to EBs, and EBs will be downgraded to B's.

It really depends on the character in question how challenging an EB is vs a boss. I have scrappers that go thru EB's no problem, but for most other AT's its hard. AVs are pretty much always hard to impossible to solo.

The good news is the difficulty levels affect the spawning of an AV and an EB. On lower diff levels for small groups or solos AV's will be downgraded to EBs, and EBs will be downgraded to B's.

Let's be honest a good scrapper with enough inspirations can take down an AV at higher levels. You know, because the ATs are balanced and Scrappers nitch is killing everything while other teammates watch.

Let's be honest a good scrapper with enough inspirations can take down an AV at higher levels.

Yah, thus "hard to impossible". Some AV's can be taken down burning thru inspirs and whittling down tactics, but some can't be solo'd by most scrappers based on match ups. Any AV w/ Unstoppable is pretty much unkillable by a MA scrapper (Invul in general is hard on the all-smashing MA Scrapper), and AV's with regen and willpower heal so fast that it takes a team to shut em down.

You know, because the ATs are balanced and Scrappers nitch is killing everything while other teammates watch.

I don't agree with this. Blasters and Kheldians are more aggressive than Scrappers (in general); a Scrapper teamed with either or both often find themselves constantly running after opponents that are getting repeled away or shot to pieces before the Scrapper can cross the distance. I would say that the Scrapper's nitch is soloing in general, though some Scrappers are more suited to teams than others they generally aren't very team-oriented.

Our champions group formed an SG on ... well ... Champion.

Our 50s (which we pretty much played as a group all the way from Level 1) are:

Stone Tank

Kin Troller

Rad/Dark Defender

Ice/Elec Blaster

Squid

AR Blaster

When three of us are blasting stuff drops so quickly that our Defender actually attacks quite a bit. Stuff drops so fast it's ridiculous how fast we can complete a mission.

We've all got Shields we play sometimes, and scrapping takes a LOT longer. When it comes to pure damage potential, I think blasters have tops.

...I don't agree with this. Blasters and Kheldians are more aggressive than Scrappers (in general); a Scrapper teamed with either or both often find themselves constantly running after opponents that are getting repeled away or shot to pieces before the Scrapper can cross the distance. I would say that the Scrapper's nitch is soloing in general' date=' though some Scrappers are more suited to teams than others they generally aren't very team-oriented.[/quote']

The only reason scrappers are running is because Kheldians are rocking the knock back.

Joking aside,my last post was intended as humor. The AV killer thing comes from the escalating criticals Scrappers can get off the higher the tier of foe. But yes overall the Scrapper seems to have the easiest time soloing of all the ATs We're had our fair share of all of well except Kheldians but that's mostly becasue of my hangups with the cookie cutter background.

Our champions group formed an SG on ... well ... Champion.

Our 50s (which we pretty much played as a group all the way from Level 1) are:

Stone Tank

Kin Troller

Rad/Dark Defender

Ice/Elec Blaster

Squid

AR Blaster

When three of us are blasting stuff drops so quickly that our Defender actually attacks quite a bit. Stuff drops so fast it's ridiculous how fast we can complete a mission.

We've all got Shields we play sometimes, and scrapping takes a LOT longer. When it comes to pure damage potential, I think blasters have tops.

Cool. Tim (from these boards) has two groups on Champion, both with some of us Hero players. There's Scions blue-side and Eurostar on red-side. You should for a coalition with him, new players would be fun.

My global is @Hero Gojira, btw. Look me up if you get a chance.

I have just published my first arc. Well, it's just one mish, really.

#149910.

New in Town.

by @Hero Gojira

It's a starting mission for new villains. Give it a whirl. It's pretty simple but hopefully fun and different for new villains.

Paragon just updated Mission Architect to fix a few bugs and a couple of exploits. This may have changed some details in your published ARC (It did in mine at least). Fortunately, there is an option to Edit and Republish. It's mainly map changes. I had to go into Red Scare and choose a larger map to hold all of the events that are going on there. The important thing is, if the update did change an ARC, that ARC won't be playable until it is fixed, and you won't know unless you check in.

Oh and before I forget.. since I am discussing an MMO..

They nerfed the system, woe is us!

The game is ruined for all time, woe is us!

The devs did it on purpose because they personally hate me

And um... oh yeah.. the game is DOOMED and no one will ever play again, woe is us!

Killershrike: I tried to play your mission. I can see it, but I don't get anything when I click Play. This could mean an invalid map, or it could mean some Dev thought you were farmin' illegal stuff. Could you give it a quick check?

Killershrike: I tried to play your mission. I can see it' date=' but I don't get anything when I click Play. This could mean an invalid map, or it could mean some Dev thought you were farmin' illegal stuff. Could you give it a quick check?[/quote']

I havent had a chance to log in and see if my arcs were affected by the latest patch. I'll try to get to it tomorrow.

However, I have 3 arcs, could you narrow me in on which one isn't playing for you?

My short missions are ok.

I gotta say that they are quite a bit beefier than they were a week ago. CRAZY beefy. We got team wiped by a normal old minion spawn.

I think people are going to have to more carefully consider their power sets. Things in the AE got a lot more dangerous.

The regular team wipes didn't bother me too much, I was level 3! :)

I havent had a chance to log in and see if my arcs were affected by the latest patch. I'll try to get to it tomorrow.

However, I have 3 arcs, could you narrow me in on which one isn't playing for you?

Oh, sorry. It was the first one I tried: Along Came A Spider: #41839

Every so often the arc server has a problem. I exit the thingy and try again.

Thanks. I got it sorted out. It was user error as usual. I will be designing some arcs just as soon as possible, and running through some of the ones I have seen on this board.

So far the only one I've been through turned out to be unfinishable. Grrrrr. Perfect waste of a couple of hours.