How much Megascale to cover the world

JmOz

Re: How much Megascale to cover the world

What are you up to JmOz? This should allow you to mind control everyone who doesn't have a 200 point EGO or quad hardened mental defence to do pretty much anything you like, albeit not terribly quickly (but it still works while you are asleep, so set it going and by the morning you have a planet of loyal slaves), and it works even on ghosts and extra dimensional sorts, no one knows you are doing it and mental powers are indirect anyway. It has a 50000km radius, and the commands are transmitted telepathically.

You might want to stick it in a MP with a similar power without the AoE because otherwise you'll get killed in the crush if you accidentally transmit that you want a foot rub. :)

OK, Everyone - Do What I Want

61 Active and Real

Mind Control 1d6, Inherent (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Area Of Effect (6" Radius; +1), Continuous (+1), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +1), Transdimensional (Any Dimension; +1), MegaScale (1" = 10,000 km; +1 1/4), Cumulative (192 points; +1 3/4), Penetrating (x4; +2) (61 Active Points)

What are you up to JmOz? This should allow you to mind control everyone who doesn't have a 200 point EGO or quad hardened mental defence to do pretty much anything you like, albeit not terribly quickly (but it still works while you are asleep, so set it going and by the morning you have a planet of loyal slaves), and it works even on ghosts and extra dimensional sorts, no one knows you are doing it and mental powers are indirect anyway. It has a 50000km radius, and the commands are transmitted telepathically.

You might want to stick it in a MP with a similar power without the AoE because otherwise you'll get killed in the crush if you accidentally transmit that you want a foot rub. :)

OK, Everyone - Do What I Want

61 Active and Real

Mind Control 1d6, Inherent (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Area Of Effect (6" Radius; +1), Continuous (+1), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +1), Transdimensional (Any Dimension; +1), MegaScale (1" = 10,000 km; +1 1/4), Cumulative (192 points; +1 3/4), Penetrating (x4; +2) (61 Active Points)

That's large enough to affect more than just our mere planet. It has a radius of 60,000 kilometers. So the mind control would affect everyone on the planet plus anyone within about 6 earth-widths of you as well. So if the Earth of your universe has a colony on the moon, it would get them as well. It they have orbital colonies, it would get them as well.

Also for the same number of active points you could drop it to AoE 1 Hex and increase the MegaScale from 1" = 10,000 kilometers to 1" = 1,000,000 kilometers (about 100 earths away).

La Rose

That's large enough to affect more than just our mere planet. It has a radius of 60,000 kilometers. So the mind control would affect everyone on the planet plus anyone within about 6 earth-widths of you as well. So if the Earth of your universe has a colony on the moon, it would get them as well. It they have orbital colonies, it would get them as well.

Also for the same number of active points you could drop it to AoE 1 Hex and increase the MegaScale from 1" = 10,000 kilometers to 1" = 1,000,000 kilometers (about 100 earths away).

La Rose

The moon is about 220,000 miles at it's closest approach.

The moon is about 220' date='000 miles at it's closest approach.[/quote']

Really? Wow, that is further than I thought, but then again astronomy has never been my thing.

At least the 1,000,000 Kilometer version would get it.:thumbup:

La Rose

The diameter of the Earth is just under 13,000 km at the equator. Assuming you're standing on one side and need to reach the other side, you need something close to that.

The moon is approximately 380-385,000 km away (depending on how exactly you measure the distance).

LEO goes up to ~2000 km

MEO/ICO goes up to ~22,000 km

GEO goes up to ~36,000 km

HEO is over that.

60,000 km wouldn't get anywhere near the moon.

Four or Five levels of AE should cover the planet. Depending on how many inches of area your AE power covers. Five or six levels to get it all in one hex.

You planning to teleport everything to another planet and leave this one clean?

Doc

La Rose

Well, you want to be safe from those loonies in high orbit with the extra range laser platforms, dont you? :D

Mind you, IIRC you can not use one hex aoe with increased radius to create a bigger area effect than you could with radius, so the same logic possibly applies to megascale, insomuch as any logic applies to megascale.

Actualy it is for a clairsentience power...some rules bending will be involved' date=' planning on megascale for area covered, then some more for mobile perception point...[/quote']

I'm not sure how you'd apply 'area' to clairsentience, let alone megascale area - too much information. You'd need dozens of levels of 'rapid sense' to have any chance of making out anything.

What is the power you are trying to model?

Well I'll note that one down to use next time we discuss why megascale is such a bad idea:)

Mind you, IIRC you can not use one hex aoe with increased radius to create a bigger area effect than you could with radius, so the same logic possibly applies to megascale, insomuch as any logic applies to megascale.

I might ask Steve about it, but to my knowledge the rules reads along the lines of that one can not add more inches to a AoE 1 Hex, but megascale isn't adding inches. It is just modifying the inch to no longer equal 2 meters, but 1000 meters.

La Rose.

I might ask Steve about it, but to my knowledge the rules reads along the lines of that one can not add more inches to a AoE 1 Hex, but megascale isn't adding inches. It is just modifying the inch to no longer equal 2 meters, but 1000 meters.

La Rose.

That's a pretty big 'just' :)

I'm just looking at the metarule that says if you can do one thing two ways the more expensive way is usually the right one.

You must be trying to build Swinging

OK, Everyone - Swap Partners (Global Swinging)

61 Active and 40 Real

Mind Control 1d6, Inherent (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Area Of Effect (6" Radius; +1), Continuous (+1), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +1), Transdimensional (Any Dimension; +1), MegaScale (1" = 10,000 km; +1 1/4), Cumulative (192 points; +1 3/4), Penetrating (x4; +2) (61 Active Points), Single command (Swap Partners) -1/2, 40 Real

Actualy mispoke, I tend to think of the range of Clairsentience as an AE situation, basicaly the mjegascale is going on the range of the clairsentience, whith a mobile perception point, also thinking of adding a limitation that the perception point always starts in the same hex as the player.

If you want to start your mobile perception from where you are, you'll need quite a bit of extra velocity if you are ever going to test the range of your power. Here's a couple of options - megascale doesn't make that much difference:

Clairsentience (Sight And Hearing Groups), x16,384 Range (6,963,200"), Mobile Perception Point (can move up to 6,144" per Phase) (155 Active Points)

Clairsentience (Sight And Hearing Groups), x2 Range (1,270"), Mobile Perception Point (can move up to 6,144" per Phase), MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2) (135 Active Points)

Even at that speed (about 7500kmph), it is going to take a mobile perception point about 3 hours to get to the other side of the planet going around (or about 1 1/2 hours straight through)

Clairsentience (Sight And Hearing Groups)' date=' x2 Range (1,270"), Mobile Perception Point (can move up to 6,144" per Phase), MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2) (135 Active Points)[/i']

I thought you couldn't use x2 range multipliers when using Megascale. Or am I confusing that with Non-combat move on Megascale movement powers?

Doc

I thought you couldn't use x2 range multipliers when using Megascale. Or am I confusing that with Non-combat move on Megascale movement powers?

Doc

You might be right, but Hero Designer allows it, and I was not aware it was illegal - I did it that way because it was actually cheaper to have one level of the adder than another level of megascale (IIRC it works out about 149 points if you drop x2 range and add another level of megascale).