Weakness Question

Asperion

Re: Weakness Question

Wow, I think everything I might have said has already been listed. With perhaps one exception:

Complacency.

We tend to settle for what we have. Sure, we'll rise to all kinds of heights when faced with a challenge. But once that challenge is overcome, rather than continuing to grow and progress, we slow down and bask in our newfound glory. We are too easily satisfied, settling for the good when the better is only just inches out of our grasp. We don't evolve, physically or societally, as much or as fast as we are capable of. To me, that's complacency.

Or maybe it's just laziness.

Wow, I think everything I might have said has already been listed. With perhaps one exception:

Complacency.

We tend to settle for what we have. Sure, we'll rise to all kinds of heights when faced with a challenge. But once that challenge is overcome, rather than continuing to grow and progress, we slow down and bask in our newfound glory. We are too easily satisfied, settling for the good when the better is only just inches out of our grasp. We don't evolve, physically or societally, as much or as fast as we are capable of. To me, that's complacency.

Or maybe it's just laziness.

I was going to reply...but it seemed like a lot of trouble....

Here is a strange thing to think of as a weakness -

Love

People usually consider this to be a strength, but when someone puts that love on some object or that love gets so overwhelming that that is the only thing that the person can consider, then this great thing actually becomes a terrible thing that can (and has) destroyed the greatest and strongest of people and nations.

In a recent thread someone asked what humanity's greatest strength is. This got me wondering - all life will possess its great strength and a countering weakness. As a result' date=' I got wondering what humanity's greatest weakness is.[/quote']

Compared to what?