Favorite 60-point Power Construction

Mr. Gridlock

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Favorite 60-point Power Construction

One of my favorite 60 point powers:

Energy Leech: 2d6 Transfer END to END, Continuous, Uncontrolled, Can be stopped by "killing" the leech (DEF 6, 6 BDY), transfered END goes to leech not caster (+0)

Except that this construct can only transfer 12 CP of END (24 END). Once it has reached it's max, it can't do any more.

Try this:

60 Energy Leech: 2d6 Drain END, Zero END(+1/2), Continuous(+1), Uncontrolled(Stopped by "killing" 6 DEF/6 BODY leech or when out of END; +1/2) (60 Active Points)

Now the SFX are "It feeds itself from you", and it's opened-ended... :eg:

That is, if you ignore Mr. Long's strange ruling that every Drain attack gets it's own 5 AP Recovery each Turn. Such a ruling places a hard cap on how much a Drain can do, making the statement from 5ER...

There's no limit to the amount of Character Points a character can Drain from his victim.

... false in the sense that after a period of time (Draining all the while), the Drain will no longer be able to stay ahead of the numerous recoveries Mr. Long's ruling grants, and thus it reaches a "bottom" that it cannot go past. I've run the math.

Re: Favorite 60-point Power Construction

Seems I missed that little line about the maximum number of points transferable. Thanks for catching it SteveZilla, and for the proper power construct.

In retrospect, I can see where a small, repeating Transfer could be potentially abusive. Of course, a small, repeating Aid with the maximum bought up is abusive too, but that is legal under current rules.