Other emotions for Enraged rules

Utech

The Psychological Limitation Disadvantage is wide open. It allows you to select anything from codes of behavior to, phobias, fetishes, hatreds, loves and more. Precisely how this Disadvantage works is largely left up to the player and GM.

I am not suggesting that is a bad thing. I do not want to eliminate Psychological Limitation from the list of Disadvantages.

Enraged/Berserk, however, provide rather more concrete rules for what seems to be a Psychological Limitation. I like these rules and think they might be adapted for emotions other than rage.

Is there any interest in exploring this farther?

Perhaps with conditions such as:

Fearful/Terrified

Intrigued/Obsessed

Faulty/Haywire

etc.

Re: Other emotions for Enraged rules

The Psychological Limitation Disadvantage is wide open. It allows you to select anything from codes of behavior to, phobias, fetishes, hatreds, loves and more. Precisely how this Disadvantage works is largely left up to the player and GM.

I am not suggesting that is a bad thing. I do not want to eliminate Psychological Limitation from the list of Disadvantages.

Enraged/Berserk, however, provide rather more concrete rules for what seems to be a Psychological Limitation. I like these rules and think they might be adapted for emotions other than rage.

Is there any interest in exploring this farther?

Perhaps with conditions such as:

Fearful/Terrified

Intrigued/Obsessed

Faulty/Haywire

etc.

I don't remember what the post number was, but this was discussed some in the 6th Edition Forum thread on Disadvantages. My impression is that it is a workable idea and might be a good option for modeling some things. However, I would note there is a discussion of using ego rolls for pysch limitations in the rules, though the when/where/how-often are pretty amorphous.

Nothing new under the sun, I'm afraid:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44311&highlight=enraged

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41069&highlight=enraged

Pretty sure there are others too, but that is all a quick search turned up.

http://lostcoastgaming.com/files/masterlists.htm

Includes "Phobia" and tons more, many with specific values/reactions linked to the disadvantage.

I appreciate the thought, but this is precisely not what I was looking for. :D

I'm interested in exploring expanding the Enraged Disadvantage to other emotions -- not in the Psychological Limitation Disadvantage. Thanks anyway.

I've done something like that with a mentalist. She had panic attacks. If triggered, she didn't exactly run around attacking people. She curled up into a ball and projected uncontrollably (IIRC it was an area of effect radius mental blast). Mechanically, though, it slotted into the Berserk structure quite well.