No Damage Knock Back Wave

TheDux

I am wanting to make an energy wave that deals no damage but has a good knock back. I am debating on a what kind of Area of Effect I would like (really liking cone).

So as a new player trying to get creation down, I am not sure how to make this power. Goal for the power is mostly to create a defensive power that gives me a little bit more room with some offensive potential (slamming them into walls and other effects). Even to move (forcibly) by standers and other objects.

I am thinking telekinesis would be a good base for the power, but I want some input.

Re: No Damage Knock Back Wave

I think you mean Telekinesis. :)

Another option would be an Energy Blast, Double Knockback, Does no Body*(-0), Does no Stun (-3/4).

*By the book, Does no Body automatically makes it do no Knockback, but that makes no sense to me, so I disregard it. YMMV.

What do you mean? I wrote Telekinesis -shifty eye-. :P

First I was thinking about Energy Blast, Double Knockback, Does no Body*(-0), Does no Stun (-3/4), with a Cone AoE. But its that * that is making be avoid that approach. Though somewhere with that Limited Power to negate the "damage" but keep the body "damage" for knock back purpose.

Who much of a limitation would I take if I did use Limited Power?

What do you mean? I wrote Telekinesis -shifty eye-. :P

First I was thinking about Energy Blast, Double Knockback, Does no Body*(-0), Does no Stun (-3/4), with a Cone AoE. But its that * that is making be avoid that approach. Though somewhere with that Limited Power to negate the "damage" but keep the body "damage" for knock back purpose.

Who much of a limitation would I take if I did use Limited Power?

That's basically what 'does no Body, Does no Stun' is ... though I don't see why you couldn't skirt the issue and call it 'only does knockback (-3/4)', which is the same thing. :)

I am wanting to make an energy wave that deals no damage but has a good knock back. I am debating on a what kind of Area of Effect I would like (really liking cone).

If the name of the power uses the words "Knock Back" why not build a power that uses that mechanic?

60 Knock Back Wave: Touch Group Flash 8d6, Does Knockback (+1/4), Explosion (Cone; -1 DC/2"; +1/2), Double Knockback (+3/4) (60 Active Points) 6

60**Touch Group Flash 8d6' date=' Does Knockback (+1/4), Explosion (Cone; -1 DC/2"; +1/2), Double Knockback (+3/4) (60 Active Points) 6[/quote']

Hyper always beats me to the punch. :shakes fist:

A non-damaging attack with Does Knockack and Double Knockback would fit the bill. It could be a Dispel, a Flash, or even a PRE attack (be sure to check the rules forum for this one as I believe it turns the PRE attack into half-phase action)..

You can do it that way. Or.

46 Bedroom Rockets are Bouncing, 5d6 Energy Blast, STUN Only (-0), Double Knockback (+3/4, IIRC), AOE Cone (+1) (69 Active Points), Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4).

Costly. Add lims for flavor. But that's a perfectly functional framework.

The whole point of bowling people off their feet is to shake 'em up without dealing any actual damage. Bear in mind: smacking them into a wall can deal BODY, but the power as designed in this instance does none. The AOE combined with the Double KB make this riotously expensive; most powers in Super Heroic deal Knockback naturally; making it double knockback can send some poor sod halfway across a warehouse.

Hyper always beats me to the punch. :shakes fist:

A non-damaging attack with Does Knockack and Double Knockback would fit the bill. It could be a Dispel, a Flash, or even a PRE attack (be sure to check the rules forum for this one as I believe it turns the PRE attack into half-phase action)..

Correct; the conversion of a Presence Attack into a physical attack changes its very nature, and thus makes it a half-phase/attack action.