"Trained Animal" Vehicle

clsage

So I have been toying with a new character, one who has access to a "flight-board" (for concept reference look at the sky surfers in Eureka 7 (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_Seven for some details, tho the board in question is human scale rather than mecha scale as in the series)). And after some consideration I have decided that I would like the gadget to have an onboard AI that has about the mental level of a trained dog. Not too hard to work out really, I just need to re-read the animal training sections in The Ultimate Skill and Fantasy Hero and adapt. I am, however, curious as to what (if any) suggestions the assembled Hero-philes here might have for such a build....

Thoughts anyone ?

Thanks in advance.

-Carl-

Re: "Trained Animal" Vehicle

So I have been toying with a new character, one who has access to a "flight-board" (for concept reference look at the sky surfers in Eureka 7 (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_Seven for some details, tho the board in question is human scale rather than mecha scale as in the series)). And after some consideration I have decided that I would like the gadget to have an onboard AI that has about the mental level of a trained dog. Not too hard to work out really, I just need to re-read the animal training sections in The Ultimate Skill and Fantasy Hero and adapt. I am, however, curious as to what (if any) suggestions the assembled Hero-philes here might have for such a build....

Thoughts anyone ?

Thanks in advance.

-Carl-

I'm not familiar with Eureka 7 but it sounds like all you need to do is either build a vehicle with an AI and appropriate senses with enough strength to carry the character (and as many passengers as he reasonably can fit on a surfboard-sized vehicle)...

OR

Build a Follower using the same basic end results as your goal. At least with the Follower build there will automatically be some normal senses and some amount of self-repair capability.

Re: "Trained Animal" Vehicle

I'm not familiar with Eureka 7 but it sounds like all you need to do is either build a vehicle with an AI and appropriate senses with enough strength to carry the character (and as many passengers as he reasonably can fit on a surfboard-sized vehicle)...

OR

Build a Follower using the same basic end results as your goal. At least with the Follower build there will automatically be some normal senses and some amount of self-repair capability.

Indeed...I'd been seriously considering the Follower route, building it on the same lines as an Animal Familiar would be for FH, or an Animal Friend might be for PH. Besides providing transportation, I have the image of it (the flightboard) occasionally acting playful, like an excited puppy, etc. My concern as far as using the Follower build tho' is that it runs a risk of my loosing invested points, should the board get damaged, etc. Also, as this is a character that might not see play till (if) I end up moving in January, I'm looking to make the build as "acceptable to any GM" as I can so I have it on hand for any new campaign I might find....If you take my meaning. :D

-Carl-