Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

I have a reputation for being a bit of a foodie among the in-laws, so I got shanghaied into making ten dozen steamed clams at the last minute tonight. No pressure, right? :P

This is the recipe I adapted (after fresh mussels couldn't be found). Fortunately, it turned out well for the most part (even with the whole brother-in-law saying "Hey, we'll just use the turkey fryer to steam!" :P).

397752_343595905653201_203785576300902_1442872_1373438855_n.jpg

"The not so little italy$7. Half pound burger with marinara, cheese tortellini, smoked provolone, grilled tomatoes and greens on a garlic ciabatta bun. Served with jojos or sweet potato tater tots"

Tortellini on a burger? Interesting. Not sure if that's good or bad.

On another forum we've been discussing burgers, the best and the worst. I recall that the best I ever had was in Williamsburg, VA. It was called a Black 'n' Bleu Burger: The patty was blackened Cajun style with crumbled bleu cheese. Yummmy!

I'm going to start another thread for it, but if what I hear from both my doctor and my acupuncturist is correct I am going to have to start caring when I eat a lot more than I do now.

Bacon seems to be right out, at least if I want to live much past 50. (Of course there are many days where I don't necessarily want to live past the next morning....)

397752_343595905653201_203785576300902_1442872_1373438855_n.jpg

"The not so little italy$7. Half pound burger with marinara, cheese tortellini, smoked provolone, grilled tomatoes and greens on a garlic ciabatta bun. Served with jojos or sweet potato tater tots"

That sounds wickedly good!

374207_10150520646029110_371481894109_8575727_2108379832_n.jpg

THIS WEEKS SMASHER SPECIAL IS......

***drum roll***

*A Burger topped with Peanut Butter, Bacon, Garlic Dill Pickles and Shasha Sauce*

Shasha sauce is B-Spot's house pickled hot pepper sauce, fyi

383794_346986981980760_203785576300902_1453242_1190879763_n.jpg

Shrimp & grits taco (right)

Chorizo cheese grits and popcorn shrimp topped with a pepperjack fondue and scallions

Vegan ratatouille taco (left)

Fresh eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes and mushrooms cooked in a facon, sundried tomato pesto sauce with baby greens and a balsamic streak

A new restaurant opened in town recently. They serve homemade pies, made fresh daily. I tried their Oreo Creme Pie tonight, and OMCC*, there are not words to describe how good it was.

*Oh My Ceiling Cat.

That sounds delicious. I had Oreo Cheesecake it was sinful.