Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Mmm...true enough, I suppose.  I think it's why Subway's running their current, VERY!!! expensive ad campaign pushing a "refresh."  Whatever...but they're paying Steph Curry, Serena Williams, Megan Rapinoe, Tom Brady, and Charles Barkley (voiceover only, but still).  SERIOUS cash had to be dropped on that lineup.

Back to foods ...

Because things are in season, I made fresh green salsa last night.  Fresh tomatillos, an anaheim pepper, two jalapenos, a clove of garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, juice from a lime.  Whir in a food processor until it's all fine bits.  Chill in a glass bowl for a couple hours.  This version had very little heat (I may have to upgrade to a serrano next time) and was quite sweet.

21 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

m37CAnb.jpeg

It does cut down on the “I shouldn’t/can’t have sugar” thing. If there’s a veggie only option for those folks, I’d suggest using this to replace those God-awful sheet cakes at all work & office parties.

On 8/13/2021 at 12:21 PM, Cancer said:

Back to foods ...

Because things are in season, I made fresh green salsa last night.  Fresh tomatillos, an anaheim pepper, two jalapenos, a clove of garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, juice from a lime.  Whir in a food processor until it's all fine bits.  Chill in a glass bowl for a couple hours.  This version had very little heat (I may have to upgrade to a serrano next time) and was quite sweet.

Anaheim is one of the long green chiles.  Dunno what you have available, but down here the long greens vary from quite mild to moderate.  That might raise the baseline a bit.  Alternately, drop the long green and make it 4 jalapenos.

3 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

I think there have been chocolate (or chocolate-flavored) sodas before--it's just something that didn't quite catch on.  I'd look it up right now, but I'm in the middle of looking up something else.

Yoo-Hoo is a a chocolate soda.  It tastes like somebody squirted a tiny amount chocolate syrup into a bottle of club soda.   It’s as nasty as it sounds, but some people love it.

On 8/15/2021 at 9:00 AM, Cygnia said:

Sometimes I equate the marketing types who trot stuff like this out, with Nigerian Bank scam emails.  

Their success rate doesn't have to be high, and there are people foolish enough to fall for it.....

But hey, there are Jelly Belly flavors out there that are as bad.

That also reminds me...a couple weeks ago, pretty much 1st of August...the main Albertsons I use for a majority of my shopping, had cleared out their summer seasonals stuff.  In its place...the first cases of clearly-marked Halloween candy.  <sigh>  Next trip is tomorrow;  it'll likely be fully stocked.