Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

It's an order' date=' they just left out the comma after Bananas.[/quote']

"A new tariff bill intended to encourage the cultivation of certain foreign fruit plants of high quality, was introduced to the government. It was passed, and these fruit trees were to be admitted free. The printer got a comma out of place and it read, "Foreign fruit, plants, etc., are to be admitted free." Because a comma was inserted between fruit and plants the government lost thousands of dollars in revenue."

Snackwells Devil's Food cookies aren't much of a food. They come twelve to a box and the serving is one. The thing is, since they are zero fat you can eat a whole box and still be just as hungry. I had twelve boxes. I think I have six left. Maybe five. I never thought I'd eat them all, but I'm getting there.

I was at Denny's this morning, and they are having a bacon promotion this month. They have all kinds of great stuff for baconophiles, but they have one apparent train wreck on the menu: a bacon sundae. That's right, it has vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, maple syrup and bacon sprinkled on top. :sick:

Here is someone talking about it, just so you can see what it looks like:

http://www.sodahead.com/living/dennys-bacon-sundae-tasty-or-nasty/question-1632323/

I don't have the balls to order it.

I was at Denny's this morning, and they are having a bacon promotion this month. They have all kinds of great stuff for baconophiles, but they have one apparent train wreck on the menu: a bacon sundae. That's right, it has vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, maple syrup and bacon sprinkled on top. :sick:

Here is someone talking about it, just so you can see what it looks like:

http://www.sodahead.com/living/dennys-bacon-sundae-tasty-or-nasty/question-1632323/

I don't have the balls to order it.

I would try it on a dare.

Oooh' date=' that reminds me of one of the desserts on Lola's menu I still need to try:

"6 A.M. Special"brioche French toast, maple-bacon ice cream, caramelized apple

They had maple bacon ice cream on sale here at a local handmade ice cream place, but I wasn't even interested. I once tried their salted caramel, and I hated it. The other flavors I've tried there rock, though. For Seattleites it's called Molly Moon's. A little pricey, but they give you a lot, and they make the waffle cones right there.

http://www.mollymoonicecream.com/

I suppose this only belongs in this thread as in you don't care how big you're going to get eating ice cream all the time.

There's an ice cream place near here that makes their own ice cream every day, and they always have a "joke" flavor. One time, it was teriyaki chicken. I tried a spoonful and it was as hideous as you might imagine. Of course, everyone in line behind me had to try a spoonful too when they saw my reaction. ;) Another time, I went in and their joke flavor was "Date." I'm like, "That doesn't sound so bad. Little middle-eastern fruits? I like those." I asked the girl behind the counter about it and she said, "That doesn't say Date, it says Pate'." :stupid:

But the worst, the very worst I ever had, the description was "Guacamole???" So I'm thinking, "OK, avocados have a very neutral flavor. They might be good as ice cream. And I've had hot pepper ice cream, which wasn't good but it wasn't horrible. So I say, "Let me try a spoon of that."

It was the most horrible thing I've ever had in my mouth. I can not even describe it. I gasp out, "That wasn't guacamole!" And the girl says, "No, it's tuna with green food coloring." I hate tuna to begin with; turning it into ice cream is a new form of evil. :sick:

There's an ice cream place near here that makes their own ice cream every day, and they always have a "joke" flavor. One time, it was teriyaki chicken. I tried a spoonful and it was as hideous as you might imagine. Of course, everyone in line behind me had to try a spoonful too when they saw my reaction. ;) Another time, I went in and their joke flavor was "Date." I'm like, "That doesn't sound so bad. Little middle-eastern fruits? I like those." I asked the girl behind the counter about it and she said, "That doesn't say Date, it says Pate'." :stupid:

But the worst, the very worst I ever had, the description was "Guacamole???" So I'm thinking, "OK, avocados have a very neutral flavor. They might be good as ice cream. And I've had hot pepper ice cream, which wasn't good but it wasn't horrible. So I say, "Let me try a spoon of that."

It was the most horrible thing I've ever had in my mouth. I can not even describe it. I gasp out, "That wasn't guacamole!" And the girl says, "No, it's tuna with green food coloring." I hate tuna to begin with; turning it into ice cream is a new form of evil. :sick:

I like tuna. As an ice cream however....:think: And on the subject of weird ice cream... Waynesville Ohio (less than an hour from me) has an Annual Sauerkraut festival .... with sauerkraut ice cream. :sick: Can't stand sauerkraut.

There's an ice cream place near here that makes their own ice cream every day' date=' and they always have a "joke" flavor. One time, it was teriyaki chicken. I tried a spoonful and it was as hideous as you might imagine. Of course, everyone in line behind me had to try a spoonful too when they saw my reaction. ;) Another time, I went in and their joke flavor was "Date." I'm like, "That doesn't sound so bad. Little middle-eastern fruits? I like those." I asked the girl behind the counter about it and she said, "That doesn't say Date, it says Pate'." :stupid:[/quote']

I'll bet she just said that because she thought you were asking *her* for a date...

Sounds like the sort of thing they should do for April Fool's Day.

I really could see avocados working as an ice cream. I make milkshakes out of them every once in a while. Not often, since it involves a whole avocado, and that's what, 1000 calories? Even so, Add some sugar and salt, and the result is amazing.

What's nxt at that place, Horseapple-flavored ice cream? You could always serve it to the local Biff Tannen.