Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

I recently heard (via an online friend) of a thing called the Four Horsemen Burger ... a burger with Jalapenos*, Habaneros, Ghost Chilis, and Habanero Sauce. It was on an episode of Man vs Food ... according to my friend, the dude had to wear rubber gloves while eating it or the spices would have burned his hands.

*I have no idea how to make an n with a tilde online.

I recently heard (via an online friend) of a thing called the Four Horsemen Burger ... a burger with Jalapenos*, Habaneros, Ghost Chilis, and Habanero Sauce. It was on an episode of Man vs Food ... according to my friend, the dude had to wear rubber gloves while eating it or the spices would have burned his hands.

*I have no idea how to make an n with a tilde online.

Ghost chilis are [MEEP]ing dangerous from what I've read about in terms of Scoville units. Apparently, India is looking to weaponize them.

I'm rather fond of scotch bonnet peppers. They've got a much nicer taste than habaneros, and every bit as hot!

http://www.bushabrowne.com/sauce_pukka.htm

Is that a vinegar based sauce?

I'm actually a fan of the flavor of the habaneros, but I may have to give the scotch bonnet a try sometime. :)

Testing out a new recipe for pizza dough using Teff Flour. Bought by impulse, but will need to do more research next time. No gluten so it's more like a cracker for crust. No stretching it into shape, etc...

Covered with the homemade sauce, goat cheese and caramelized onions, it's still tasty, but not as good as the standard crust. May work for my friends who can't eat wheat, though the toppings would have to be switched as well. No cheese, but Daiya makes a mozzarella that actually acts and tastes like the real thing. Probable toppings: Asparagus, Spinach, Pinapple, Olives, Caramelized Onions.

Testing out a new recipe for pizza dough using Teff Flour. Bought by impulse, but will need to do more research next time. No gluten so it's more like a cracker for crust. No stretching it into shape, etc...

Covered with the homemade sauce, goat cheese and caramelized onions, it's still tasty, but not as good as the standard crust. May work for my friends who can't eat wheat, though the toppings would have to be switched as well. No cheese, but Daiya makes a mozzarella that actually acts and tastes like the real thing. Probable toppings: Asparagus, Spinach, Pinapple, Olives, Caramelized Onions.

Never. Never, ever. Never, never, never, ever put pineapple on a pizza. I don't know who told you people that this was acceptable, but NO. Just, NO.

People will eat fruit on a pizza, but they won't touch anchovies. Go figure.

Never. Never, ever. Never, never, never, ever put pineapple on a pizza. I don't know who told you people that this was acceptable, but NO. Just, NO.

The way I figure: someone wanted to be "bold" and "reinvent the wheel".

The reason I put it in this thread since there has been a lot of food objectionable to some. :D

I happen to like pineapple on my pizza, but people are free to order without.

And yes, I have friends with multiple dietary needs. Vegan, wheat, nuts, and dairy are the most common. Though at least one can't have soy.

I also like pineapple on pizza. Garnished with ham and various other things. As far as I am concerned, it is seafood that should be kept off pizzas.

Minor point of interest. Many years ago, there was a pizza place in Sydney that specialized in .... non-standard pizzas. A very good friend of mine was a big fan of their product.

His favourite choice from their menu? Apple and cusrard. I kid you not.

Standard pizza base. NO cheese or sauce. Custard and cooked apple on top. He reckoned it was great. Never could work myself up to trying it, but there you go.