Shadowcats Vehicular Insanity Shop: General Questions

shadowcat1313

I have just finished a huge batch of Aircraft conversions of various things, I sent them all to Susano for addition to his site.

does anybody have any requests, the new batch has a lot of lesser known stuff, including a bunch of Italian and french aircraft.

I dont want to clutter up the boards much more if theres not interest in this stuff

I work overnights as a security guard and pretty much sit a desk all night, so I have plenty of time to burn. I cant take my laptop unfortunately, otherwise I would probably get more done.

Guest steamteck

Re: Shadowcats Vehicular Insanity Shop: General Questions

They are really cool. Unfortunately for my personal use, none of my campaigns use modern or near historical tech. I like the detail you've put in them if I ran a relevant campaign they'd be very useful.

Re: Shadowcats Vehicular Insanity Shop: General Questions

Thanks to all the "guilty men" hype after World War II, it isn't often realised that the British armed forces' budget went from about a hundred million pounds in 1933 to over 600 million in 1939. There's some evidence that people didn't know exactly what to do with the money.

To wit, in 1939, the Fleet Air Arm was test driving a plane that was supposed to support the fleet shadowing an enemy surface force through the night. So it had to have reliability, lots of time in flight, and a really low cruising speed.

What they got (and I have no idea where you'd track down info about the prototypes, which flew in the summer of '39) were two four-engined carrier planes with a cruising speed of under 70mph. They were tiny, tiny engines, mind; but when people trot out their lists of "crazy World War II prototypes," I've always wanted to see these planes.