Spell Advice

Guest Worldmaker

Re: Spell Advice

For the trick spell- If the ultimate result is that the mage can use it to cast any spell from his spellbook (even if it's just able to be used once per day, or somesuch)- Why not just leave one "slot" in his VPP blank, to be filled in later? He "casts" his trick spell (perhaps there's a skill roll) and then casts whatever spell he wants.

I mean...right?

For the "8 Lives" spell (the circling spheres)- I'd suggest Dispel or Skill Levels, unless you want to keep track for where the spell goes once it MISSES. Does the spell just disappear? That sounds like a Dispel. If it keeps going past where the wizard was (like a missed arrow might), that sounds more like Skill Levels.

X-DM movement to the future with side effect "Body remains vulnerable throughout". Anybody mess with the body and you arrive in the future already long dead. The side effect in this case would be a huge RKA limited "damage of side effect limited to damage inflicted"

I've been thinking about this for a long time.

So. In my mind what happens is that the people affected by the spell go into suspended animation. They are there physically but not accessible mentally. If they are moved from the area of effect they come to, if they are not they will eventually wake up.

XDM doesn't seem to reflect that. LS does the 'living for an age' bit. I would say you need an all or nothing transform for the change to a 'living statue'.

A bit more complex but unless you are going to do something with the future self, then I think you should concentrate on what happens in the present.

If the idea is to roleplay the people in the future then the EDM may be the simplest solution...

It is too easy to get drawn into what are essesntially special effects.

Doc

I've been thinking about this for a long time.

So. In my mind what happens is that the people affected by the spell go into suspended animation. They are there physically but not accessible mentally. If they are moved from the area of effect they come to, if they are not they will eventually wake up.

XDM doesn't seem to reflect that. LS does the 'living for an age' bit. I would say you need an all or nothing transform for the change to a 'living statue'.

You could easily build it as LS with the concentration limitation (0DCV, unaware), UBO, I suppose.

A bit more complex but unless you are going to do something with the future self, then I think you should concentrate on what happens in the present.

If the idea is to roleplay the people in the future then the EDM may be the simplest solution...

Yeah, reading it originally, I got the impression that it was something the Mage did to himself and his nearby buddies, not an uberweapon (from the comments by the OP, I think that is the case). If that's the case, then I had assumed that the intent was to move into the future, so that was the effect I modeled.

cheers, Mark

You could easily build it as LS with the concentration limitation (0DCV' date=' unaware), UBO, I suppose.[/quote']

That's a LOT of concentration! :)

I suppose the fact that they are not there mentally could be SFX - they cannot be attacked manipulated that way and cannot communicate etc that way either (though it is why I added in the 'becomes automaton' in my original post - a side effect?)

Doc

Guest Worldmaker

Okay, the latest is a doozy, but the problem isn't how to build it... I know how to build it, I just need help with the scale.

Basically, we need a spell that will transport an entire castle from one place to another. I know Teleportation is the trick... but how much extra mass would the caster need?