Hancock's STR

Susano

Re: Hancock's STR

Hancock, as something of a Superman homage, should probably have a few Brick tricks to represent comic book physics Superhuman strength. Megascale throwing and Casual Effectiveness have already been mentioned. Maybe a Transform based on improvisational strength use (like "sharpening" the lamp hood). You could build "Your heads going up his his ***" with an...unusual Entangle/NND combo or variant the Big Wrap up...

Here's my initial draft of the character:

John Hancock
Val	Char	Cost	Roll	Notes
85	STR	75	26-	Lift 3.3ktons; 17d6 [8]
15	DEX	15	12-	OCV:  5/DCV:  5
40	CON	60	17-
20	BODY	20	13-
10	INT	0	11-	PER Roll 11-
12	EGO	4	11-	ECV:  4
13	PRE	3	12-	PRE Attack:  2 1/2d6
14	COM	2	12-

40	PD	23		Total:  40 PD (40 rPD)
40	ED	32		Total:  40 ED (40 rED)
4	SPD	15		Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
25	REC	0
80	END	0
85	STUN	2	Total Characteristic Cost:  251

Movement:	Running:	6"/12"
	Flight:		30"/240"
	Leaping:	17"/34"
	Swimming:	2"/4"

Cost	Powers	END
40	Apparently Indestructable:  Damage Resistance (40 PD/40 ED)
122	Unaided Flight:  Flight 30", x8 Noncombat, Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; damage to local surface on takeoff and landing; +0), Combat Acceleration/Deceleration (+1/4), No Gravity Penalty (+1/2)	12
7	Good As New In A Few Hours:  Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)
15	Fingernals Can Cut Glass:  HKA 1/2d6 (1d6+1 w/STR), Penetrating (+1/2)	1
16	Even A Train DIdn't Budge Him:  Knockback Resistance -8"
5	3,000 Years Old:  LS  (Longevity: Immortal)
14	Painted The Moon:  LS  (Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing)
13	Swats A Rocket Aside:  Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; the deflected item has to land somewhere!; +0); Only Works Against Large Projectiles (rocks, missiles, rockets, and so on; -1/2)

Skills
10	"Your Head Is Going Up His A$$":  +2 with HTH Combat
8	"Where'd He Go?":  +4 with Move-By Grab

2	Animal Handler (Raptors) 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost:  252
Total Cost:  503

200+	Disadvantages
20	Enraged:  if called an a$$shole (Common), go 11-, recover 11-
5	Money:  Poor
10	Physical Limitation:  Feels The Damage His Designated Pair Feels (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)
15	Physical Limitation:  Loses His Superhuman Powers After Extended Contact With His Designated Pairing (Infrequently, Fully Impairing)
20	Psychological Limitation:  Anti-Social (basically, he's an a$$hole) (Very Common, Strong)
20	Reputation:  destructive crime-'fighter', 14- (Extreme)
213	Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points:  503

• 2 weeks later...

Would a Telekinesis based construct designed to hold objects together when Hancock is touching them so he could do things like swing that gangster's hummer around by the bumper and hurl Walter by his tail without injuring him (that way at least) be merited or just handwave it as Comic book physics applies to him if not the rest of the world?

Would a Telekinesis based construct designed to hold objects together when Hancock is touching them so he could do things like swing that gangster's hummer around by the bumper and hurl Walter by his tail without injuring him (that way at least) be merited or just handwave it as Comic book physics applies to him if not the rest of the world?

Comic book physics ftw. Otherwise every Brick that tried to pick up something larger than a truck would just break right through it.

Usually, I agree but I bring it up for Hancock since the setting seems to be fairly "realistic" with the exception of him and certain other elements not a totally superheroic setting. But it's a pretty light movie in many ways so that could be thinking too hard about it.

I've seen this used before. Reed said Richards that Gladiator had some sort of telekinetic field allowing him to pick up the Baxter Building and not have it break. And one version of Superboy had 'tactile telekinesis' to let him do power stunts and not destroy things he was manipulating.

I've seen this used before. Reed said Richards that Gladiator had some sort of telekinetic field allowing him to pick up the Baxter Building and not have it break. And one version of Superboy had 'tactile telekinesis' to let him do power stunts and not destroy things he was manipulating.

Those were a couple of the example I was thinking about. In a regular super setting I wouldn't worry about it but I thought it could be appropriate for a situation where a superhuman character was functioning in the otherwise "real world" like Hancock.

I'd say your over thinking this one...

He shoved one mans head up another man's ass without killing either of the parties involved. He threw a little boy over a mile straight up and then caught him without inflicting any damage... well, other than psychological...

In any event, lifting a car without it breaking under it's own weight... really not a big deal ;)

I'd say your over thinking this one...

He shoved one mans head up another man's ass without killing either of the parties involved.

That you build as an Entangle. :)

In any event, lifting a car without it breaking under it's own weight... really not a big deal

and slinging it around by the bumper and impaling it through the engine block on a building or hurling Walter by the tail without ripping him in two. It's just a thought. You really don't see enough to tell if physics act "special" for him or if it's just a factor on the world but I thought I would toss it up as a possibility.