How should I do this power?

Crossbow

Got a character that does transfers (STR, DEX, CON, SPD, and PD/ED), so his stats change.

I want the character to be able to give his raised characteristics, and only the raised ones, to others. Preferable at range, but that doesn't have to be the case.

I guess I could do it with Aid. That way I could tie the transfer rates together for a small or non-existant limitation, but I feel like I am missing a trick with some kind of Characteristic usable by others-type thing.

I also want it to fit as a slot or multiple slots in an 82 point multipower

Any Ideas?

Crossbow

Re: How should I do this power?

Hmmm. Looking at this I think that I would buy the charcatersitics as powers with Usable By Others powered through an END Battery that gets recharged through whatever you were transferring from previously.

When you have END you can either run the increased stats yourself or on other people....

Doc

Naked Advantage: Usable By Others: For Up to [X] Amount of STR, DEX, CON, SPD, END, PD, or ED; Variable Effect (Up To 4 Powers At Once); Ranged; Only [Y] Amount At A Time.

[X] = Maximum amount you can Transfer in Character Points. (this is going to determine how much the Naked Advantage actually costs)

[Y] = Current Amount that has been Transfered to your stats. (Value dependent on the GMs discretion, I'd wager -1/2 to -1)

Varialbe Effect Advantage borrowed from Adjustment Powers Advantages (since this is effectively an Adjustment UBO) - change it to the appropriate level as desired (if they can only Give 1 Characteristic at a time it drops to a +1/4 Advantage. If they can give them all, up to a +2 Advantage, etc)

Hmmm. Looking at this I think that I would buy the charcatersitics as powers with Usable By Others powered through an END Battery that gets recharged through whatever you were transferring from previously.

When you have END you can either run the increased stats yourself or on other people....

Doc

Not sure exactly how this one works, but definitely doesn't sound right.

Crossbow

Got a character that does transfers (STR, DEX, CON, SPD, and PD/ED), so his stats change.

I want the character to be able to give his raised characteristics, and only the raised ones, to others. Preferable at range, but that doesn't have to be the case.

I guess I could do it with Aid. That way I could tie the transfer rates together for a small or non-existant limitation, but I feel like I am missing a trick with some kind of Characteristic usable by others-type thing.

I also want it to fit as a slot or multiple slots in an 82 point multipower

Any Ideas?

Crossbow

This character has such an ability, though its not a focus of the character (he has several Transfers in his BioManip MP, and Lendable Might as a secondary ability):

Triage

Character Sheet

You could buy the Transfer as Usable By Others. That would allow you to Transfer directly from Character A into Character B without the stats passing through yourself.

We tried this with the character originally, it got way too expensive

Crossbow

Naked Advantage: Usable By Others: For Up to [X] Amount of STR' date=' DEX, CON, SPD, END, PD, or ED; Variable Effect (Up To 4 Powers At Once); Ranged; Only [Y'] Amount At A Time.

[X] = Maximum amount you can Transfer in Character Points. (this is going to determine how much the Naked Advantage actually costs)

[Y] = Current Amount that has been Transfered to your stats. (Value dependent on the GMs discretion, I'd wager -1/2 to -1)

Varialbe Effect Advantage borrowed from Adjustment Powers Advantages (since this is effectively an Adjustment UBO) - change it to the appropriate level as desired (if they can only Give 1 Characteristic at a time it drops to a +1/4 Advantage. If they can give them all, up to a +2 Advantage, etc)

I am liking this option. 30 points of characteristics, Usable by others, at range, from the selected group, all at the same time. It works out to an 82 advantage exactly.

I guess I have to put it into HD as a custom power, but at least the math and the logic hold up.

Crossbow

Use the Naked Advantage construct in HD.

The UBO is the Naked Modifier. Everything else is a Normal Modifier, like such:

Usable By Other (+1/4) for up to 30 Active Points of STR, DEX, CON, SPD, END, PD, and ED, Ranged (+1/2), Variable Effect (All chosen Characteristics, at once; +2) (24 Active Points); Only equal to amount currently Transfered (-1/2)

This allows 30 STR, 10 DEX, 15 CON, 3 SPD, 60 END, 30 PD and 30 ED to shared.

(Though I'd be careful, NAs usually only apply to one Power at a time. . .)

Use the Naked Advantage construct in HD.

The UBO is the Naked Modifier. Everything else is a Normal Modifier, like such:

Usable By Other (+1/4) for up to 30 Active Points of STR, DEX, CON, SPD, END, PD, and ED, Ranged (+1/2), Variable Effect (All chosen Characteristics, at once; +2) (24 Active Points); Only equal to amount currently Transfered (-1/2)

This allows 30 STR, 10 DEX, 15 CON, 3 SPD, 60 END, 30 PD and 30 ED to shared.

(Though I'd be careful, NAs usually only apply to one Power at a time. . .)

Two issues

Naked Advantage Construct? Where is that? I am REALLY new to futzing with this program.

I figured that the power would only share 30 points TOTAL, but spread over the group, like 10 STR 1 SPD amd 5 PD/ED. He only transfers 3 and a half dice (21 points total). Would it really work your way you think? Because then I would only have to buy 21 pts worth of the advantage.

Crossbow

Under Powers - it's called Naked Advantage.

NAs, if you aren't very familiar with them, allow you to make a Power out of an Advantage. In this case you are turning UBO into a Power that takes your Characteristics and allows them to be UBO.

Now, the question is do you give those Characteristics away, or share them?

Assuming you share them, and adjusting to share 30 AP total. . .

Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +1/2) for up to 30 Active Points of STR, DEX, CON, SPD, END, PD, and ED, Ranged (+1/2), Variable Effect (All chosen Characteristics, at once; +2) (52 Active Points); Total Character Points Shared only equal to amount Transfered (-1/2)

in Hero Designer under Powers:

1) Click 'Naked Advantage'

2) click Naked Modifier - select Usable By Other Advantage to desired level

3) Click done.

4) Select "Add Moifier" [this is where we modify the Naked Advantage Power itself]

5) [gets tricky here] select Custom Modifier and price it accordingly, label it accordingly

6) select Limited Power, price and label accordingly

7) select Ranged.

8) click done.

9) add the maximum Active Points you can work with at the top of the Power unser "Max Base Cost"

10) click OK, voila.

Couldn't you buy it as a drain with an aid (linked) to it as a compound power? Then, when you drain someone you can aid yourself or someone else.

If you want BIG power, buy a drain slot and an aid slot, with a limitation on the aid slot that it can only be used after a drain.

If I understand this right you want to be able to transfer Characteristic points from a target to yourself, then transfer those points from yourself to a third party. That sounds to me like a combination of Transfer and Usable By Others on your Characteristics (maybe Naked as mentioned above), with the latter limited to the amount actually Adjusted at any given time (probably a -1/4 to -1/2 to be comparable to the Linked limitation).