A person and an AI

I'm in the process of building a character with an interesting twist. I've had the character in abstract form for a while, and only now building him using Hero.

The short form is this: the character has Multiple Personality Disorder, of a type often seen in fictional ventriloquists, wherein the dummy has a personality of his own. In this case, though, the "dummy" is just a face painted on the character's left hand. "Lefty" also has tremendous psychic powers that the main character doesn't have access to.

My initial inclination was to build the human as the primary character, and "Lefty" as an AI and Follower, except that (1) "Lefty" holds considerable sway over the human, and (2) he's also much more powerful than the human thanks to those psychic powers. So maybe the AI should be the main character, and the Human should be the Follower. Or maybe they should be built in some other way.

What do you all think?

Re: A person and an AI

I do want them separate enough that they are individuals. It will be possible, for example, to knock one out and not the other -- and either could remain conscious while the other is out. Yes, that means "Lefty" can still move, talk, and use his psychic powers even while the rest of the human's body is immobilized. He can even still see if the human's face is covered. (The general feel is somewhere between creepy and comedic, with the latter taking precedence should the two conflict.)

And this leaves to another matter of how to represent when "Lefty" actually becomes immobilized -- damage or cover the human's hand, or whatever.

I do want them separate enough that they are individuals. It will be possible, for example, to knock one out and not the other -- and either could remain conscious while the other is out. Yes, that means "Lefty" can still move, talk, and use his psychic powers even while the rest of the human's body is immobilized. He can even still see if the human's face is covered. (The general feel is somewhere between creepy and comedic, with the latter taking precedence should the two conflict.)

And this leaves to another matter of how to represent when "Lefty" actually becomes immobilized -- damage or cover the human's hand, or whatever.

Sounds almost like The Human Ton and Handy. (

)

Edit: you'll find a detailed description on this page: The Ticklopedia: Honesty to Ivan.

Do Lefty and the Human have different characteristics? Can Lefty (for instance) use his mental powers on The Human? If so then they do sound like seperate characters, (especially if the latter is the case) but I'd still be inclined to avoid a power and just do it with disadvantages and limitations if I could.

If you want them as seperate then I would not use 'Follower' unless they can survive independently. Single Body Duplication, Can't recombine (possibly with IPE as Lefty is not 'visible' sounds about right.

Possibly even a triggered multiform - The Human who can access mental power through Lefty (but that takes a little longer as he has to ask Lefty to do things, so The Human has the mental powers bought with incantations and extra time) and Lefty who emerges (triggered multiform) when The Human is KO'd (and has more useful versions of the same mental powers - no limitations - but severe physical problems).