OSS Simple Sabotage Field Manual

McCoy

I don't know if this is real or not, I didn't find anything glaringly anacronistic and some references make me think it might be, what 21st century hoaxter would know about water glass?

Might be inspirational for some NPC's in a Dark Champions campagine. Or if not, just amusing on its own.

(1) Insist on doing everything through “channels.” Never permit short-cuts to be taken in order to expedite decisions.

(2) Make “speeches.” Talk as frequently as possible and at great length. Illustrate your “points” by long anecdotes and accounts of per* sonal experiences. Never hesitate to make a few appropriate “patriotic” comments.

(3) When possible, refer all matters to committees, for “further study and considera*tion.” Attempt to make the committees as large as possible — never less than five.

(4) Bring up irrelevant issues as frequently as possible.

(5) Haggle over precise wordings of com*munications, minutes, resolutions.

(6) Refer back to matters decided upon at the last meeting and attempt to re-open the question of the advisability of that decision.

(7) Advocate “caution.” Be “reasonable” and urge your fellow-conferees to be “reason*able” and avoid haste which might result in embarrassments or difficulties later on.

(8) Be worried about the propriety of any decision — raise the question of whether such action as is contemplated lies within the juris* diction of the group or whether it might conflict with the policy of some higher echelon.

Humm, won't let me upload a pdf file. Follow the link from here.

Re: OSS Simple Sabotage Field Manual

It appears typical of documents of the type, authorship and era it purports.

Note the use of metric measurement in a CIA document aimed at European saboteurs.

...well, I've done some searching and I can't find anything that names Europe's system of measurement.

Heck, I thought EUROPE used the metric system, and that ours was called something else...

This makes one Pulp Fiction scene a bit confusing...

Re: OSS Simple Sabotage Field Manual

At the time when the precursor to the CIA was the OSS, and Donovan was getting all his information on Europe through British and Canadian sources, the British and Canadians used Imperial measure (until the 70's), the US used what's in use in the USA today, and France (invented metric system), Germany, and much of Europe would have been using metric.

Also, the writing style is consistent, the type-face is correct, and the document's barely a scratch on the surface of Camp-X methods, targetted to 'non-trusted' saboteurs, as opposed to deep agents.