I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

Re: I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

I don't know if it's the new medication or what, but lately my dreams have been very vivid and very real-seeming. Everything has been sharp and focused and made sense even though there have been the usual endless buildings and college dorms. There has been the usual seeking my room or house or hotel or purse and the building just getting more and more complicated and bigger. I actually asked OddHat upon waking if I'd ever had a secret locker or crawlspace at the Club because the dream seemed so real and for a moment I wasn't sure whether it was a dream or a memory.

They lock people up for losing touch with reality.

I wish I had dreams like bunneh's.

I wish I could remember the dream I had the night before last -- all I have left is the feel and the theme: action-adventure sci fi/fantasy' date=' and it was very exciting.[/quote']

That describes a high percentage of my dreams, and another high % would be "high school horror" (the horror is having to go back)

The only nightmares I've had in the last 12 years have been dreams I had somehow moved back in with my ex (who in the dreams is still married to the other guy) and wondering "How did I manage to let this happen?"

Last night I had dreams where I was helping organize Earth's heroes (an lot of people-with-(unimpressive)-powers) to deal with an alien invasion.

That describes a high percentage of my dreams' date=' and another high % would be "high school horror" (the horror is having to go back)[/quote']

You know, I suspect that last kind of dream is a very American thing. I've never spoken to anyone, or seen any kind of media of non-US origin, that deals with horrible dreams of high school.

You know' date=' I suspect that last kind of dream is a very American thing. I've never spoken to anyone, or seen any kind of media of non-US origin, that deals with horrible dreams of high school.[/quote']

I think it is more a re-live the past thing than anything else. And I've mentioned before that high school was a decidedly negative experience for me. Which puts horror into the equation.

And I dont seem to be any younger (well 25-30 instead of 36, but someone that old in high school would still be wierd)

A lot of my bad dreams are work-related. Not just my present job, but other places I've worked in. And people I've worked with.

One of my stress dreams involve me walking down a corridor with someone who wants to see my office. Except it's not really my office, and the position this person thinks I have actually isn't mine. But we're walking down the corridor to where I'm supposed to be, and it's only a matter of time before I'm busted. Fortunately, I wake up before that happens.

My family was living in a rambling house on Lake Tahoe with a few people I haven't seen since college. My wife then got an email saying that my daughter's cheer clinic/practice/whatever was now not only out of town, it was going to be in Botswana, so wife and daughter headed to the airport (last minute plane to Botswana? what?) and I was going to be solo dad with the boy for five days. Oh, and I was exploring an artificial island in Lake Tahoe that had been exposed by receding water or something.

I had another zombie dream last night. They were in the back door of my basement. The door had a mail slot for some reason, which I used to poke the zombies in the gut with a broom handle. Since the upper part of the door was glass, I knew I couldn't hold them off forever. So I asked someone to go upstairs and get Iron Man to come down and help.

I've had weird dreams the last three mornings, right before I wake up.

Monday, my college girlfriend was breaking up with me. In person instead of by email (as it was in real life). We then went to a pizza joint with some mutual friends and made sure not to speak to one other.

Tuesday, I was back working at my prior job, a nightmare of lotsa work, lotsa stress, and low pay. Stress brought on by the low pay, long commute, disagreements with one of the owners, and son's medical condition.

Wed. This morning, I dreamed I was back in the summer after my first year of college and had been on a date with a girl I dated in high school. We were at my parent's house, and it was time for her to go home but as late as it was, I didn't want to drive her home. So she slept in my sister's room.

John Locke and I managed to escape zombies during the start of an outbreak in a city, and end up impersonating maintenance workers to stay at a mansion that's insulated from the horrors. Oddly, there was a scene with a mini-pool that had the owner's wife and her rich friends in it.

I dreamed it was the first day of Tacticon (a local gaming convention). I was trying to figure out my schedule, what games I wanted to play and so on. I was looking at the various games offered when I realized that I had scheduled myself to run a Widening Gyre/Steampunk Hero game in the afternoon slot, just a few hours away, and I hadn't prepared my game at all!

I read the description of the game I had submitted, and thought, "OK, I can wing it. I'm a good GM, I'll just jot a few plot points down and go from there." But then I further realized that I hadn't created the characters for the game -- and character building (for me) takes hours!

Dammit, I had to come up with some character concepts, and fast. And I didn't have a computer to do it on; I had to build them all by hand.

The game concept (as much as I can remember it) was that in 1890s London, people were disappearing and being replaced by near-identical constructs/clones. A well-to-do woman had managed to escape from the people who were doing the kidnapping, and had fled to the heroes for help. Who was it that had the technology to create these clones, and what was their sinister plan for London? And was the woman who she said she was, or was she another clone, sent to lure the heroes into a trap?

I haven't been remembering my dreams as well as I did when I started this thread, but I'll give what details I can remember.

A few of my recent dreams seem to be set in the world of the Sims 3 (a balky game I've been troubleshooting for months which just recently started working just fine for reasons too dull and jargony to lay out here. here.)

Only it isn't exactly the sims game itself, but real life, with cheat codes available! (and apparently I know how to operate any vehicle I get into, which includes 1930's compact cars, jet planes, and the occasional starship.

I just received a new copy of PS238 - the Role-playing game. I perused it before going to bed last night. In the ensuing dreams, I was in charge of a group of superpowered minors in the 1930s, but that was okay. One of my powers was to create out of thin air anything I had ever touched, in like-new condition. We spent a great deal of time refurbishing the building they were staying in (apparently @ Cannon AFB, NM, so it had some "nightmarish" qualities whenever I worried that somehow my Ex would gain access.)

Most of these new supers were young adults, but there were a lot of teens and kids, too. The whole dream was like herding cats in a world that was both quaintly 1940s and unexpectedly modern.

I just received a new copy of PS238 - the Role-playing game. I perused it before going to bed last night. In the ensuing dreams, I was in charge of a group of superpowered minors in the late 1930s, but that was okay. One of my powers was to create out of thin air anything I had ever touched, in like-new condition. We spent a great deal of time refurbishing the building they were staying in (apparently @ Cannon AFB, NM, so it had some "nightmarish" qualities whenever I worried that somehow my Ex would gain access. Mabe she has extradimensional travel?)

Most of these new supers were young adults, but there were a lot of teens and kids, too. The whole dream was like herding cats in a world that was both quaintly 1930s and unexpectedly modern.

I want a recursive dream!

I've had a few of those, mostly of the sort where you wake up from a dream, only to discover you're still asleep, whereupon you wake up and try to determine if you're really awake this time. I've had as many as four "Awake from sleep" iterations in a single dream of that sort (that I can recall).

I've had those too, and I hate them.

Last night I dreamt I was infiltrating some sort of college or military academy. I was assigned to participate in some sort of military reenactment or exercise, so I went into a computer lab where the exercise was to take place. I had no idea what was going on, but on the screen was a kind of map, and my forces--whatever they were--appeared as simple black 'X's toward the bottom edge. I saw that the enemy, whoever it was, would have to take a particular road in order to reach his objective, so I just dragged my 'X's to positions along the road, and left the room.

Now while everyone thought I was participating in the exercise, I went in search of my real objective. Part of the campus was either dug into the ground or constructed of earthen bricks, and by pushing on the wall of a particular alcove I found what I was looking for--the loose bricks/earth fell inward, exposing a hidden passageway. I ducked inside and followed it a brief way to its end. It was more earth, but a bright light peeked through a couple of near-pinholes. I was going to have to dig the treasure out, whatever it was.

I spent the next half hour or so furtively looking for things I could use as digging tools. Eventually I found a chisel-like tool as well as some other concealable screwdrivers, pens, and whatnot. On the way back to the digging site I stopped in at the computer lab, and was congratulated by the rest of the class on the brilliant ambush I'd executed in the exercise. I still had no idea what they were talking about but apparently I'd completely routed the enemy, whoever they were.

I returned to the hidden passage and had to do some quick misdirection, first to distract an elderly faculty member who'd found the passage I'd left open, and again to shake someone who was following me. I finally got into the passage unnoticed and broke away the earth to reveal the treasure. It was almost too bright to look at, but my fingers closed around the jeweled hilt of the Sword of Antioch. No one was going to be able to stop me now.

Last night's dream for me: I dont remember a whole lot except that I encountered a lost Viking civilization ruled by Loki (more myth than comic, I think) and the Frost-Giant's Daughter from the Conan story of the same name. They civilization seemed to want to do some conquering, and ended up as a military advisor of sorts (I assume being from the outside world)

I guess I could see them as a couple.