Regenerating End.

SSgt Baloo

Re: Regenerating End.

Take a look at some the links at the bottom of this post.

Just change BODY to END + STUN and adjust the cost of the Triggered Healing build.

Limited Speed is going to be hideously complex and expensive.

I instead recommend using the Healing power with the Trigger Advantage and tailor it to your vision.

here are a few recent threads on a similar subject:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58862&highlight=healing

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59074&highlight=healing

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58836&highlight=healing

Regeneration is a special case, of course, but with GM permission you could probably take the +1/2 'heals two characteristics simultaneously' thing and have the regeneration work for END too.

Hero Designer allows the build (not that that makes it official):

Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), [two powers] simultaneously END +BODY (+1/2) (25 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) 9 Real Points

Of course having plenty of END is pretty useless if you are unconscious because when you wake up your END will = your current STUN, whatever the total was, and END generally gets better as quickly as Stun and rarely goes as low (unless drained).

Bit of a lateral approach, but if the idea is to wake up with END, you could buy this:

Wake up boost:

+20 END, Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; Wake up from being unconscious and shake your head; +1/4) (12 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2) 8 real points

That way, when you wake up, even if your END is drained down, you get an immediate END boost which should help enormously

Bit of a lateral approach, but if the idea is to wake up with END, you could buy this:

Wake up boost:

+20 END, Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; Wake up from being unconscious and shake your head; +1/4) (12 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2) 8 real points

That way, when you wake up, even if your END is drained down, you get an immediate END boost which should help enormously

Or you could buy a Triggered Heal that applies to END.

The problem with this +20 END construct, to me, is that it should only add 20 END. It should not be capable of adding +160 END, which is the effect 8 charges has in theory. I see mechanical issues with this charged END:

(a) 1 charge lasts 1 segment/phase. You get +20 END, you can use it as you see fit, and I will consider END used to come first from this bonus END. But after the charge is ended, any remaining END goes away. Let's say you spent 10 END. The remaining 10 departs after the phase is over.

(B) A second charge makes the same 20 END usable again - it doesn't create a second pool of 20 END. So (ignoring the Trigger for the moment), if you used another charge in your next phase, you would re-activate the +20 END, 10 of which is already spent, so you would add 20 to your max, eligible for recovery, but only 10 to your current END.

© To complicate matters, let's assume you had a recovery between the first and second activations. You were down 12 of your normal END and have a 15 REC. I would rule that you recovered all 12 of your normal END, plus 3 of your charged END, so when you reactivate the charge, you would add 13 current END and 20 max END. In other words, the 20 point Max is always there, you just can't spend it without using a charge. Of course, by that logic, it arguably also drops to zero when you get KO'd.

Buy Healing instead. I'd let you use the Regeneration construct in that regard, if desired.

Or you could buy a Triggered Heal that applies to END.

The problem with this +20 END construct, to me, is that it should only add 20 END. It should not be capable of adding +160 END, which is the effect 8 charges has in theory. I see mechanical issues with this charged END:

(a) 1 charge lasts 1 segment/phase. You get +20 END, you can use it as you see fit, and I will consider END used to come first from this bonus END. But after the charge is ended, any remaining END goes away. Let's say you spent 10 END. The remaining 10 departs after the phase is over.

(B) A second charge makes the same 20 END usable again - it doesn't create a second pool of 20 END. So (ignoring the Trigger for the moment), if you used another charge in your next phase, you would re-activate the +20 END, 10 of which is already spent, so you would add 20 to your max, eligible for recovery, but only 10 to your current END.

© To complicate matters, let's assume you had a recovery between the first and second activations. You were down 12 of your normal END and have a 15 REC. I would rule that you recovered all 12 of your normal END, plus 3 of your charged END, so when you reactivate the charge, you would add 13 current END and 20 max END. In other words, the 20 point Max is always there, you just can't spend it without using a charge. Of course, by that logic, it arguably also drops to zero when you get KO'd.

Buy Healing instead. I'd let you use the Regeneration construct in that regard, if desired.

Arguably you are right. Well, never mind arguably, I'm sure you are right, but given that you only get the END boost after waking from being unconscious, there is generally going to be some time between activations and, as I understand the point, it is to allow you to react as soon as you are conscious, so it could work (in fact you probably don't need 20 END, that was just to ensure that, if you were END drained, you had at least some). It might be an idea to make the charges continuing though, so that it sees you through to your first recovery.

Healing would require about 3 dice of END healing to manage about 20 points of END, which seems really rather expensive for an effect like this, but it is probably a better investment as it will increase your END - which will help even more if you are subject to END drain.

The healing option is the better construct technically, but the +20 END has the advantage of being very straightforward to record on the character sheet and use in practice.

Having given it some thought' date=' I think the Regen usable for 2 characteristics would work for Body and Stun, and just having an END reserve with a REC equal to the character's REC might work. How does that sound?[/quote']

I thought of an END Reserve, but you need to tie powers to only using END fromt hat source OR pay more for them. So I stopped thinking about that.

Personally, I wouldn't allow a construct that allowed a STUN REC to work that way.

But you could:

30 STUN; Only to "raise" level of Unconsciousness/negate Negative STUN (-2)

Only adds onto STUN when you are at negative levels up to -1 STUN. Probably sufficient enough in most cases to bring your Recovery up to Every Phase; if you really get whacked into oblivion it might only bring you Post-12 Only, or even more rare 1 Turn.

Regeneration is a special case, of course, but with GM permission you could probably take the +1/2 'heals two characteristics simultaneously' thing and have the regeneration work for END too.

Hero Designer allows the build (not that that makes it official):

Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), [two powers] simultaneously END +BODY (+1/2) (25 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) 9 Real Points

Of course having plenty of END is pretty useless if you are unconscious because when you wake up your END will = your current STUN, whatever the total was, and END generally gets better as quickly as Stun and rarely goes as low (unless drained).

Here's the non-Regeneration method.

18.....It's Like Recovery but Different: Healing END & STUN 1d6 (standard effect: 3 points), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), [two powers] simultaneously (+1/2), Decreased Re-use Duration (1 Turn; +1 1/2) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4) [Notes: Operates almost exactly like REC except that it gives the character 6 END and 3 STUN and works even when they are below -11 STUN.] - END=0

edit,

this version includes Self Only and Always On.

12 It's Like Recovery but Different: Healing END & STUN 1d6 (standard effect: 3 points), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), [two powers] simultaneously (+1/2), Decreased Re-use Duration (1 Turn; 5er pg 188: This Advantage allows a character to apply Healing more than once a day.; +1 1/2) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), 5e 186-187; 5er pg 290-291; A Power with this Limitation takes longer than usual to activate and/or use.; -1 1/4), Always On (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2)

[Notes: Operates almost exactly like Post Phase 12 REC except that it gives the character 6 END and 3 STUN and works even when they are below -11 STUN.] - END=0

For Comic Book Regen/ Fast Healing type powers, we have been using +REC, Gradual Effect: 1Turn.

For Example: +36 REC (72AP), Gradual Effect: 1Turn (-1/4), Real Cost = 58

Combat starts on Segment 12 -> Post-Segment 12 REC -> 36 REC/ 12 Segments = 3 END + STUN/ Segment.

Its a little more difficult to balance than it looks so adjust the REC as you see fit (12/ 24/ 48, ect.). It doesn't seem like alot of mitigation, but by the end of a Turn it can negate the damage taken and END used from multiple hits and attacks.

In regards to your goal of having REC work past -11, the above build will likely reduce the time you are KOed, unless you are in deep negatives post-segment 12.