Game Mechanics

Qelan

Re: Game Mechanics

Well, memory is usually an INT roll, isn't it? How about

Change Environment, -1 to INT rolls [1" radius], -25 to INT rolls [75] 80 points; 0 END [+1/2], Persistent [+1/2] AP 160, no range [-1/2], Always On [-1/2], Self Only [only affects rolls to remember character; -1/2], not while in character's presence [-1/2] Real Cost 64 points

"self only" means the combat effects only apply to the character himself.

Emphasis added.

Actually, I think that's what "Personal Immunity" is for.

How about:

Change Environment, -1 to INT rolls [1" radius], -25 to INT rolls [75] 80 points; 0 END [+1/2], Persistent [+1/2] AP 160, no range [-1/2], Always On [-1/2], Personal Immunity [±?/?], Only affects rolls to remember character later [±?/?], not while in character's presence [-1/2] Real Cost = ?? points.

I don't have the book handy so I don't remember how much Personal Immunity's worth, but you get the idea, don't you?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memory isn't reduced down to a single Roll, though imperfect recall of a certain memory (that the player doesn't remember) is sometimes simulated with an INT Roll.

By the way, this shouldn't affect a character that had bought Eidetic Memory -- they remember everything, right?

Memory isn't reduced down to a single Roll, though imperfect recall of a certain memory (that the player doesn't remember) is sometimes simulated with an INT Roll.

By the way, this shouldn't affect a character that had bought Eidetic Memory -- they remember everything, right?

Which is why my first suggestion was invisibility. You don't remember what you don't sense.

Yet to interact with it' date=' you have to be able to sense it. ;)[/quote']

Somehow I suspect that "retroactive invisibility" wouldn't work well. How about in addition to the invisibility, you use telepathy that creates a false memory of the encounter. That way, when the guy makes his breakout roll, he'll remember that something happened, but won't remember details? Something like that anyway.

Somehow I suspect that "retroactive invisibility" wouldn't work well. How about in addition to the invisibility' date=' you use telepathy that creates a false memory of the encounter. That way, when the guy makes his breakout roll, he'll remember that something happened, but won't remember details? Something like that anyway.[/quote']

I like that.

Planting a memory in the mind of the target that they remember certain things - badly - and the whole episode is very confusing and everyone could be affected by a differnt memory so you can never get a consensus.

I mean it is still a greased pig to GM but it migth almost be worth it....:D