A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Funny you'd post these two back to back. They're both characters from the same campaign (The New Champions)' date=' and they're played by Lord Mhoram and his wife. :)[/quote']

Well, it only made sense to post them back-to-back, since they originally appeared

together in the same post (their A/T-style pics, that is).

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

I like the new look. I've always imagined her primarily in red (a color I don't use for my own characters very often, for some reason), but the light blue is a nice touch.

Again, I like it. I am especially fond of Kid Pariah's Kyle Rayner-style mask. Nice work! Repped, of course.

Thanks, glad that you like what I did with her.

When I decided to give Morningstar the look that I did, I was using the gold-and-red outfit

as a guide. I had initially planned on doing the armor pieces in red, but decided that silver

(which was the color I was trying to represent with the lightest shade of blue I could find

on the palette) would go better with the gold color. I did manage to keep her insignia, even

if it is a tad small compared to its big brother on the original design.

Besides, I was trying to keep her from looking like Tony Stark's sidekick. From some of the

past posts that I remember about Morningstar, the poor girl has enough problems to deal

with of her own.

As for the Pariah Family, I was trying to give each member a distinctive look of their own

while keeping a common element (the stylized elemental wheel design) in each outfit.

Of the three outfits, Pariah Girl's is the only one that comes close to looking like Pariah's

costume (call it a case of sartorial hero-worship).

But if you think that the Pariah Family pics are good, wait'll you see what I've done with the

"black sheep" of the family...

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

One small nitpick' date=' if I may. Put the constellation somewhere on his armor. it's his namesake, after all. :)

Are you talking about just the three stars that are shown on the pic at Wikipedia, or are

you talking about the whole ball of wax -- all 30 stars?!

Major Tom 2009 :jawdrop:

I had initially planned on doing the armor pieces in red, but decided that silver

(which was the color I was trying to represent with the lightest shade of blue I could find

on the palette) would go better with the gold color.

Both HTML and RGB color palettes put Silver at a hexvalue of #C0C0C0, and you can usually enter those values directly into the filed (sometimes it takes the value, soem times not; try more than once and close teh color palette between tries).

Another idea I havd a while back is to use two "layers" of the same bodypart. The upper on set to transparent (between 10 and 90%), so the colors of both layers mix. My results were mixed, but I am also not really a designer or have an eye for color...

Are you talking about just the three stars that are shown on the pic at Wikipedia, or are

you talking about the whole ball of wax -- all 30 stars?!

All thirty would be impressive, but I think I only did three (or maybe four) on the original pic.

Two new Terracide characters the crew of Coprolite learned about during episode 3 of the Salvaging Hope campaign:

They haven't met Lucerna Sharif yet, but they found out she's the executor of Commodore Anton Devilbiss' living will, and she's got orders to buy their ship out from under them. According to their files, she's got connections with both the Solar Express Company and the agency known as ISTAR. She's also the Commodore's wife. This is not good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41095[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41096[/ATTACH]

At Omicron Colony, they met Doctor Leelavathi Rabindra from the Ganymede Institute, the Project Manager selected by the Solar Express Company to restore the barely-functional life support and eco-systems of Omicron Colony. They're still trying to figure out why.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41098[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41097[/ATTACH]

The insanity deepens next weekend....

hitomi.png

Hitomi

Hitomi doesn't remember anything of her past, except for her name. She doesn't know how or why she awoke in the stange dark castle brooding over a troubled sea. Nor does she know why these strange zombie ninja's are trying to kill her. Hitomi only knows two things. She's really good at killing them, and her only friend is a equally strange man named Ken.

ken.png

Ken

Ken is a survivor. He's the last member of Galaxy Team Alpha who was sent to this forsaken castle to investigate the illegal activities of the Gunsen Corporation. His copter along with the rest of his team crashed in a dark woods near a castle. He along with the survivors of the crash were set upon by zombie ninjas. Only Ken made it inside. From there things got stranger still. In a hidden bedroom deep inside the castle he found Hitomi. Now the zombie ninja's seek them, and Ken is sure he saw something even worse. Hitomi called it the Advisary. Only time will tell if the pair lives or....

Two new Terracide characters the crew of Coprolite learned about during episode 3 of the Salvaging Hope campaign:

They haven't met Lucerna Sharif yet, but they found out she's the executor of Commodore Anton Devilbiss' living will, and she's got orders to buy their ship out from under them. According to their files, she's got connections with both the Solar Express Company and the agency known as ISTAR. She's also the Commodore's wife. This is not good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41095[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41096[/ATTACH]

if the commadore is dead shoudn't that read his WIDOW?

ken.png

Ken

Ken is a survivor. He's the last member of Galaxy Team Alpha who was sent to this forsaken castle to investigate the illegal activities of the Gunsen Corporation. His copter along with the rest of his team crashed in a dark woods near a castle. He along with the survivors of the crash were set upon by zombie ninjas. Only Ken made it inside. From there things got stranger still. In a hidden bedroom deep inside the castle he found Hitomi. Now the zombie ninja's seek them, and Ken is sure he saw something even worse. Hitomi called it the Advisary. Only time will tell if the pair lives or....

Ken might want to think about trading in his pistols for a pair of Type 1 phasers...

hitomi.png

Hitomi

Hitomi doesn't remember anything of her past, except for her name. She doesn't know how or why she awoke in the stange dark castle brooding over a troubled sea. Nor does she know why these strange zombie ninja's are trying to kill her. Hitomi only knows two things. She's really good at killing them, and her only friend is a equally strange man named Ken.

I can just hear the Adversary's initial growly-whispered statement to her:

"Here, kitty-kitty-kitty..."

Look just below the neck piece. The constellation is in yellow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41090[/ATTACH]

OK, the Version 2 pic of Fornax is done. I kept the pentagon-shaped plates on the new

design, but switched them around so that the 'F' symbol is now his belt buckle, and the

(previously) blank plate on the chest has been moved to the chest and enlarged and

compressed so that the constellation symbol will fit inside it.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

if the commadore is dead shoudn't that read his WIDOW?

He's not dead, but his "living will" is about to be executed. He's been captured by the PCs and the Solar Express Company isn't going to pay a ransom; they have a company policy against dealing with "pirates, hijackers, and/or kidnappers." However, the PCs have found someone else who wants the Commodore back alive, so they're thinking about making a deal. Or they might hang on to him as a bargaining chip to deal with the wife... she could be trouble. (And I run a somewhat complicated campaign.)

OK, the Version 2 pic of Fornax is done. I kept the pentagon-shaped plates on the new

design, but switched them around so that the 'F' symbol is now his belt buckle, and the

(previously) blank plate on the chest has been moved to the chest and enlarged and

compressed so that the constellation symbol will fit inside it.

Sorry, but I can't see the picture....

Okay, a new picture from me. This lady is a friendly rival to Centennial (of USA-50) and thinks of herself as Colorado's unofficial state hero. Whether her powers are innate or she wears a suit of powered armor is a matter of some speculation. Regardless, she wears the colors and takes the name of Colorado's state flower:

Columbin.png

Columbine!

Sorry' date=' but I can't see the picture....[/quote']

Well, that's because I haven't sent the new pic to The Arc yet; once I've

done that (which will probably be this weekend or so -- I've been busy

with getting my room so that I'll be able to move around in it without

tripping over something once I'm back home from surgery), I'll get it

posted here...along with some other pics I've done over the last few

days.

Major Tom 2009